The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/18/2017 5:29 am  #1

Sean Spicer needs to read those Old Newspapers

I don't know what it is. Maybe Sean just hasn't gotten thru that stack of past New York Times on his coffee table.
But, Spicer is offering up an explanation of Donnie Jr's meeting with the Russians  that Jr. gave up on less than 24 hours after he tried it. The White House even gave up on this, about ten days ago. Now, it's back.

7/17/17
Spicer contradicts emails, President on Trump Jr meeting

Washington (CNN)White House press secretary Sean Spicer contradicted President Donald Trump Monday when he insisted that a meeting Donald Trump Jr. had with a Russian lawyer in the months leading up to the election was about adoption policy.

"The President has made it clear through this tweet. And there was nothing, as far as we know, that would lead anyone to believe that there was anything except for a discussion about adoption and the Magnitsky Act," Spicer said at an off-camera briefing with reporters. "But I would refer you back to counsel on that one."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/17/politics/sean-spicer-russia-meeting-claim/index.html

Last edited by Goose (7/18/2017 8:00 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/18/2017 6:56 am  #2

Re: Sean Spicer needs to read those Old Newspapers

Reminds me of part of the lyric from "Send in the Clowns" 

But where are the clowns? Send in the clowns
Don't bother they're here

Last edited by tennyson (7/18/2017 6:56 am)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

7/18/2017 10:47 am  #3

Re: Sean Spicer needs to read those Old Newspapers

Ironically, Spicer was once a respected figure within the GOP.
Working for Trump has turned Sean into "Bagdad Bob".

Last edited by Goose (7/18/2017 10:47 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera