The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/17/2017 2:51 pm  #1

What Food Do You Just not Like?

Me?

Cucumbers. They just don't do a thing for me.

"A cucumber should be well-sliced, dressed with pepper and vinegar, and then thrown out."
Samuel Johnson

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/17/2017 4:03 pm  #2

Re: What Food Do You Just not Like?

Bananas.  It's not the taste.  Bananas just feel weird in my mouth .................... it's about texture I guess.  Not real fond of 'sandy' textured watermelons, either.

I don't crave lobster.  Maybe its the price for what the reward is for me on that.  Also any overcooked vegetable.  I like a crunch with asparagus, peas, beans, etc.  No excuse for mushy veggies.

I'll add well-done steak to the list.  As a Florentine chef said to me, "Well-done steak is an abuse of meat."

7/17/2017 4:32 pm  #3

Just Fred wrote:

Not real fond of 'sandy' textured watermelons, either.
I'll add well-done steak to the list.  As a Florentine chef said to me, "Well-done steak is an abuse of meat."

Roger that.

I have grass fed, lean steaks in my freezer plus venison steaks of (obviously) the same quality.   I almost never order a steak from a restaurant because I know it will be disappointing.

There are very few foods that I don't care for:  Honeydew melons (I pick around them in fruit mixes on a buffet) and Jello laced with shreded vegetables like carrots or celery

That' it.

Life is an Orthros.

7/17/2017 5:09 pm  #4

Liver. 

Never like it. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

7/17/2017 8:27 pm  #5

Oooooo, Tarnation and Tennyson reminded me of two I forgot to add to my list:  jello and liver. 

Basically, I'm not a fan of organ meat .......... livers, lungs, hearts, kidneys, brains, etc.  I watch 'Bizarre Foods' once in awhile and sometimes wonder how much someone would have to pay me to eat some of the stuff that guy eats.

Last edited by Just Fred (7/17/2017 8:27 pm)

7/17/2017 9:22 pm  #6

Sorry, gents:  Mmmmmm......Liver!

Best perk of stuffing the Thanksgiving turkey is pan-frying the liver with some chopped onion left over from the stuffing veggies (what the heck, just use the stuffing veggies!) for breakfast.

I've had kettle cooked hog kidneys dipped in salt--tasty but deadly. 

Never tried the other organ meats.

Life is an Orthros.

7/18/2017 4:42 am  #7

I won't eat major organs, thymus, lungs, brains.

I might, and I mean might, try horse when I'm in Venice.
Well, maybe not.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera