The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/16/2017 4:09 pm  #1

How to stop those annoying, endless robocalls to your smartphone

How to stop those annoying, endless robocalls to your smartphone

http://www.ydr.com/story/tech/columnist/2017/04/16/how-to-stop-robocalls-on-iphone-smartphone-android/100474848/

Have you noticed an uptick in those super annoying robocalls, telemarketers, and scams hitting up your smartphone all hours of the day and night? I have, and it’s driving me nuts.Last month, I had a bogus call to lower my electricity bill.

A few weeks ago, it was a pause after I said hello, then a woman saying, “Oh, I’m sorry, I’m adjusting my headset,” before launching into a sales pitch of some sort. And then there’s the daily deluge of numbers that look legit — like my daughter’s school calling, or a media outlet from Manhattan — only to end up being an obvious scam. “This is George Michael,” says a male caller with a heavy accent, “calling from your online pharmacy with your diet medication.”

Talk about adding insult to injury.According to the Federal Communications Commission, there are nearly 2.4 billion robocalls made every month. That’s more than 7 calls per person, according to new research from the YouMail Robocall Index.At best, the calls are frustrating. At worst, they’re robbing us blind. So what can we do about it once and for all?

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

Board footera