The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2017 5:29 am  #1

E-cigarette users getting burned by exploding batteries

E-cigarette users getting burned by exploding batteries

Scott Becker was sitting at conference table conducting a work meeting when the lithium ion battery that powers his e-cigarette exploded in his pocket."It was like having a firework go off in your pocket," said Becker, 46, of Washington Township. "I threw my chair back, I started hitting my pants and my hip. I saw the sparks shooting out of my jeans.

"Beckers suffered third-degree burns and a year later, they still require treatment three times a day.Injuries like Becker's are becoming more common, said Karla Klas, managing director for injury prevention and community outreach at the Trauma Burn Center at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.The batteries can explode with enough force to knock out teeth and crack vertebrae if they fail in the mouth of the user.

 “We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”


Board footera


Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum