The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/27/2017 1:40 pm  #1

Evansville woman, 94, still going strong 44 years into McDonald's job

Evansville woman, 94, still going strong 44 years into McDonald's job

http://www.courierpress.com/story/life/2017/03/23/evansville-woman-94-still-going-strong-44-years-into-mcdonalds-job/99529688/

Loraine Maurer, 94, was honored Thursday for more than four decades of work at local McDonald's restaurants -- she currently punches the clock at the North Green River location. Dozens of people came to congratulate Maurer on 44 years of service with the company. Maurer works every Friday and Saturday during breakfast, but you'll likely find her there everyday."I get in here at 5 o'clock when they open. I have to get up at three," Maurer said to a customer.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/27/2017 1:49 pm  #2

Re: Evansville woman, 94, still going strong 44 years into McDonald's job

Wow.
You often run into people - not so old as this of course, who stay in the work force well beyond traditional retirement age. They get a true sense of worth out of the job that is quite admirable.  Of course, we are all different. Different paths for different folks.

The key, I think is to do something you love for as long as you can. Some will stay in a job, some will volunteer, some will start another career, some will travel or bird watch. The specifics are up to the individual.

What is important is to never retire from life. I look back on my parents, and I think that their world got awfully small after they retired. They just hadn't prepared anything. Sadly.

Anyway, bless you, Mrs. Maurer.

Last edited by Goose (3/27/2017 1:50 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/27/2017 3:44 pm  #3

Re: Evansville woman, 94, still going strong 44 years into McDonald's job

I listened to her interview - TRULY a PEOPLE PERSON !! . 

Last edited by tennyson (3/27/2017 3:46 pm)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera