The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2017 8:28 am  #1

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announces less commercials during games

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announces less commercials during games

“Together with our broadcast partners, we will be working to meaningfully reduce down time and the frequency of commercial breaks in our game,” announced NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Wednesday via Twitter.

“We will also be giving our broadcast partners increased flexibility to avoid untimely breaks in the action. For example, we know how annoying it is when we come back from a commercial break, kick off, and then cut to a commercial again. I hate that too. Our goal is to eliminate it.

”The 58-year-old revealed that the decision was made in response to fans hoping that the NFL could minimize the amount of “unnecessary disruptions to the game on the field.”

The goal, according to Goodell, is to provide more focus of the game, less on unwanted distractions.“We also know that you feel there are too many elements in the broadcast that aren’t relevant to the play on the field,” he added. “With our partners, we will be looking to instead focus on content that is most complementary and compelling to you — whether that is analysis, highlights or stories about our players.”

Last edited by Goose (3/23/2017 8:29 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/23/2017 11:33 am  #2

Re: NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announces less commercials during games

I don't think there will be less commercials. I think there will be fewer commercial breaks (no more touchdown --> commerical --> kickoff--> commerical) but the breaks will be longer.

I also think that if the league takes away commericals, that means TV contracts get less valuable, then we're on our way to seeing corporate logos on jerseys and on the field

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

3/23/2017 1:48 pm  #3

Re: NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announces less commercials during games

It's not so bad.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera