The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/30/2015 7:29 am  #11

Re: Wal-Mart Fights Bid to Curb Gun Sales

Wal-mart can kiss my a**. If you want to buy a gun, go to a local gun shop.

3/30/2015 4:17 pm  #12

BYOB wrote:

Why the problem with Wal Mart selling guns? I mean, I'm no Wal Mart fan, I don't shop there for many reasons, but if they want to sell guns, and they do it legally, why the problem with them selling guns? I wouldn't care if Rutters or Sheetz sells guns, as long as they do it legally and follow the same regulatory procedures as every other gun retailer.

3/30/2015 4:25 pm  #13

The Man wrote:

BYOB wrote:

Why the problem with Wal Mart selling guns? I mean, I'm no Wal Mart fan, I don't shop there for many reasons, but if they want to sell guns, and they do it legally, why the problem with them selling guns? I wouldn't care if Rutters or Sheetz sells guns, as long as they do it legally and follow the same regulatory procedures as every other gun retailer.

Yeah.

I'm waiting for guns to be sold at Five Below,

And The Dollar Store,

And Toys-R-Us

3/30/2015 4:42 pm  #14

Rongone wrote:

The Man wrote:

BYOB wrote:

Yeah.

And The Dollar Store,

And Toys-R-Us

If they want to sell guns and they do it legally and follow all regulations, why would you have a problem with it?

3/30/2015 5:12 pm  #15

I'm not a finance kind of guy so forgive me if this is a stupid question;

Could someone explain to me what, exactly, an investor can do to see that their wishes are met?  Or what they can do if they aren't?  What sort of pressure can they bring?

I mean, if the sell their shares, so what?  It isn't as if Wal-Mart will suddenly have less money.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

3/30/2015 5:16 pm  #16

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Could someone explain to me what, exactly, an investor can do to see that their wishes are met?  Or what they can do if they aren't?  What sort of pressure can they bring?

I mean, if the sell their shares, so what?  It isn't as if Wal-Mart will suddenly have less money.

They need to get on the board of directors.  Simply owning stock doesn't entitle one to make decisions for the company.  If you only own stock, you can sell it if you don't like what the company is doing.  If you want to have a say in what the company does, you need to get on the board of directors.

3/30/2015 5:18 pm  #17

The Man wrote:

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

They need to get on the board of directors. Simply owning stock doesn't entitle one to make decisions for the company. If you only own stock, you can sell it if you don't like what the company is doing. If you want to have a say in what the company does, you need to get on the board of directors.

OIC.

So simply owning a large number of shares wouldn't give you any real control?

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

3/30/2015 5:19 pm  #18

The Man wrote:

Rongone wrote:

The Man wrote:

Yeah.

And The Dollar Store,

And Toys-R-Us

If they want to sell guns and they do it legally and follow all regulations, why would you have a problem with it?

No problem here. Looking forward to proliferation of guns. I think everyone should have 3 or 4 for self protection. As an extreme prepper, I live in fear.

But this is totally off the topic of this string.

3/30/2015 5:23 pm  #19

If you want to have a say in what the company does, you need to get on the board of directors.  -  Man

........... or own a real big pile of their stock and threaten a couple of board members if they won't play nice with you.

Last edited by Just Fred (3/30/2015 5:23 pm)

3/30/2015 5:24 pm  #20

Rongone wrote:

The Man wrote:

Rongone wrote:

Yeah.

And The Dollar Store,

And Toys-R-Us

No problem here. Looking forward to proliferation of guns. I think everyone should have 3 or 4 for self protection. As an extreme prepper, I live in fear.

But this is totally off the topic of this string.

So your problem is with guns in general.  That's fine, that's your feelings, but why should any retailer be denied the ability to sell guns if they follow all the laws to do so? Guns aren't going anywhere, regardless of how you feel about it.  Wal Mart selling guns isn't a problem, they follow the rules in order to do so.  Criminals stealing guns and selling them illegally is the problem.

Last edited by The Man (3/30/2015 5:25 pm)

Board footera