The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/03/2017 7:36 pm  #1

Mr. Goose Goes to Washington

Well, the Mrs and I bought our plane tickets. And we booked a room at the Key Bridge Marriott.

We are off to the March for Science on April 22, Earth Day, on the Mall in Washington, DC
https://www.facebook.com/marchforscience/

Join us if you can.

I'm so excited. It's my first protest.
I've become a 57 year old hippie.
Power to the people!

Never trust  anybody over,,,,,um,,, 70.

I will live Tweet @FasanoMichaelJ

Last edited by Goose (2/03/2017 7:50 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/03/2017 7:44 pm  #2

Re: Mr. Goose Goes to Washington

Wonderful.  I've stayed at that Marriott a few times.  It's very convenient to Metro to the Mall. 

2/03/2017 7:51 pm  #3

Far out, man.

It'll be outta sight.

Have a groovey time.

"I'm goin' down to Yasgur's farm,
Gonna join in a rock 'n roll band
Gonna camp out on the land
Gonna try an' get my soul free
We are stardust
We are golden
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden"

Oh, man . . . I think I just had a flashback.

2/03/2017 8:04 pm  #4

Like a true Nature’s child, we were born, born to be Mild.

Anybody got a tie dyed shirt in men's extra large?

Come by the Marriott. We can talk revolution, and drop some,,,,well,,, chianti 

Last edited by Goose (2/03/2017 8:28 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/05/2017 10:43 am  #5

Maybe the bikers for Trump will do a counter protest? Could be a fun day! American freedom at it's best!

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

2/05/2017 10:47 am  #6

Common Sense wrote:

Maybe the bikers for Trump will do a counter protest? Could be a fun day! American freedom at it's best!

Are you trying to intimidate me?
Man, you were just born to wear a brown shirt.

Bikers for Trump founder Chris Cox joined FOX Business to share his experience at President Donald Trump’s inauguration in Washington, D.C. this weekend, which included some violent interactions with protesters.

“We had many clashes of our own. We served many knuckle sandwiches. We had a couple of nose rings knocked out of some protesters,” Cox said.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/01/23/bikers-for-trump-founder-on-clashes-with-protesters-on-inauguration-day.html

Last edited by Goose (2/05/2017 10:50 am)

2/05/2017 12:09 pm  #7

Why in God's name would someone or a group of people want to organize a protest against people who promote science?

Let me get this straight .... Bikers are organizing a protest to counter 'March for Science' and Earth Day.  This is a joke, right?

2/05/2017 12:17 pm  #8

Just Fred wrote:

Why in God's name would someone or a group of people want to organize a protest against people who promote science?

Let me get this straight .... Bikers are organizing a protest to counter 'March for Science' and Earth Day.  This is a joke, right?

I think  that commons world is  black and white. He sees a demonstration that is in his mind anti-Trump. So he wants me get a knuckle sandwich  from the other side. Ones and zeros. Binary worldview

2/05/2017 12:38 pm  #9

I think Common got a little ahead of himself and heard "bikers" for Trump. Since it is a rally for science at the capital, clearly they meant "Beaker" for Trump.

A "Common" mistake.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QFQLyWxOII8/T0JvlO4VEiI/AAAAAAAAAXI/9mz1euiWNQk/s1600/whitebeaker.jpg

Last edited by Rongone (2/05/2017 12:41 pm)

2/05/2017 12:43 pm  #10

Rongone wrote:

I think Common got a little ahead of himself and heard "bikers" for Trump. Since it is a rally for science at the capital, clearly they meant "Beaker" for Trump.

A "Common" mistake.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QFQLyWxOII8/T0JvlO4VEiI/AAAAAAAAAXI/9mz1euiWNQk/s1600/whitebeaker.jpg

Awesome! 

On a darker note, Common achieved a rather odious milestone.
He's the first person here to cryptically wish for another poster to be harmed.
Sad.

Last edited by Goose (2/05/2017 1:25 pm)

Board footera