The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/28/2015 6:41 am  #11

Re: Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France

Some dumb-ass on CNN was wondering if we put cameras in cockpits, would that really deter the 'bad guys'? Um, no more than cockpit voice recorders do. It's for data, not deterrance! Where do they find these people?

3/28/2015 6:58 am  #12

BYOB wrote:

Some dumb-ass on CNN was wondering if we put cameras in cockpits, would that really deter the 'bad guys'? Um, no more than cockpit voice recorders do. It's for data, not deterrance! Where do they find these people?

I'm going to crash the plane. Oh wait, someone will see me. Never mind.

I agree. What dopes.

Fox was just as bad. I was driving home and Neil Cavuto was interviewing some idiot doctor. She said that "we don't know if the co-pilot intentional killed the people. He may have had a brain aneurysm burst or had a cardiac arrythmia and passed out".
What do you think the chances are that a 27 year old healthy distance runner suddenly just collapses and dies at the exact instant that the other pilot is out of the cockpit? And, at what point does the aneurysm cause the man to program the flight computer for a steep dive?

Cable news is crap.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/28/2015 7:31 am  #13

Goose wrote:

BYOB wrote:

I'm going to crash the plane. Oh wait, someone will see me. Never mind.

I agree. What dopes.

Fox was just as bad. I was driving home and Neil Cavuto was interviewing some idiot doctor. She said that "we don't know if the co-pilot intentional killed the people. He may have had a brain aneurysm burst or had a cardiac arrythmia and passed out".
What do you think the chances are that a 27 year old healthy distance runner suddenly just collapses and dies at the exact instant that the other pilot is out of the cockpit? And, at what point does the aneurysm cause the man to program the flight computer for a steep dive?

Cable news is crap.

Yes, it's like you have to go mining for true information nuggets amidst all the speculation matrix they're embedded in.

While it seems pretty likely that what they say happened is what happened, I would have liked if they would have waited more than 48 hours after the crash, and get all the black boxes before making a definitive conclusion. IMO, it would have been better to say they suspect that's what happened, rather than saying this is definitely what happened. I would want all of the information I could possibly get first. I suspect that after the chaos with the handling of the Malaysian flight we haven't even found yet, they felt pressure to give answers quickly. 

3/28/2015 9:39 am  #14

No freakin' way. I had CNN on in the background for a bit, and they were of course discussing the plane crash, and they had a pilot on named, I kid you not, ........ Buck Rodgers. What are the odds?  

Board footera