The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/25/2017 12:51 pm  #1

Happy Retirement, Brent Musburger

Today, legendary sports announcer Brent Musburger announced his retirement. 

His last game will be next Tuesday when he does play by play for the Kansas-Georgia college basketball game. 

I'll miss the guy. I remember how excited I'd get when I was a kid and he'd come start the NFL Today with, "You are looking LIVE at Veterans Staduim in Philadelphia......"

I remember his call of the upset of Villanova over Georgetown in the 1985 college basketball title.

I remember he call of the Miami-Boston College game where Doug Flutie threw the miracle hail mary to beat the 'Canes.

I loved him as the voice of Saturday Night College Football on ABC and was bummed when they booted him to the SEC Network in favor of Chris Fowler.

I loved his sly references to the gambling lines at the end of a game when a unnecessary score would allow a team to cover or for the total score to go over the line.

Happy retirement Brent. I'll miss you. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/25/2017 3:55 pm  #2

Re: Happy Retirement, Brent Musburger

Brent was no friend of Penn State

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera