The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2017 11:09 am  #1

Divisional Playoff Weekend

Who ya got?

I like....

Atlanta (-5) over Seattle

Houston (+16) over New England -- Although New England obviously wins outright.

Kansas City (-1.5) over Pittsburgh

Green Bay (+4.5) over Dallas -- And Green Bay wins outright in the upset of the weekend.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/13/2017 11:27 am  #2

Re: Divisional Playoff Weekend

Just picking winners without the spreads:

Pittsburgh
New England
Seattle
Green Bay

Last edited by Rongone (1/13/2017 11:28 am)

1/14/2017 3:40 pm  #3

I'll take:

Atlanta
New England
Kansas City
Dallas

I think the games tomorrow should be really good.

1/14/2017 7:45 pm  #4

Well, lost the Seattle pick, although I like seeing Matty Ice moving on . . . Local guy graduated from Penn Charter School near Philly.

1/16/2017 11:04 am  #5

With the overall lack of success by the Philadelphia Eagles since the end of the Andy Reid era, I ask myself from time to time whether the 'Birds should have kept Big Red. 

Was served a good reminder of Coach Reid's clock management skills last night. That guy will never learn.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/16/2017 11:47 am  #6

At least the two Sunday games were close. Green Bay and Dallas was back and forth, competitive, and exciting right up until the end. Pittsburgh and KC was close, kinda sloppy, slightly boring, but the outcome could have gone either way. Being a lifelong Steeler fan, my heart was in my throat for the last 5 minutes of that game.

1/16/2017 11:52 am  #7

Rongone wrote:

At least the two Sunday games were close. Green Bay and Dallas was back and forth, competitive, and exciting right up until the end. Pittsburgh and KC was close, kinda sloppy, slightly boring, but the outcome could have gone either way. Being a lifelong Steeler fan, my heart was in my throat for the last 5 minutes of that game.

I always root for the Steelers, but it was not so much a Steeler win as it was a loss by KC from what I saw. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

1/16/2017 11:53 am  #8

Ahem, well, guess who picked every winner since the beginning of the playoffs?  If you guessed Fred, you would be correct. 

Anyway, I'll draw upon my outstanding knowledge, expertise, football prediction prowess, and overall shrewd genius and predict ............. no, tell you what's going to happen:

Atlanta will beat the Packers, and Pittsburgh will beat the Patriots (although 6 field goals won't do it this time).  So it shall be written, so it shall be done.

/

1/16/2017 12:01 pm  #9

I will take the Packers and the Patriots.
But, even if I am correct, my forecasts will be well behind you, Fred

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/16/2017 12:03 pm  #10

Just Fred wrote:

Ahem, well, guess who picked every winner since the beginning of the playoffs?  If you guessed Fred, you would be correct. 

Anyway, I'll draw upon my outstanding knowledge, expertise, football prediction prowess, and overall shrewd genius and predict ............. no, tell you what's going to happen:

Atlanta will beat the Packers, and Pittsburgh will beat the Patriots (although 6 field goals won't do it this time).  So it shall be written, so it shall be done.

As a guy who called only one game incorrectly, I congratulate Fred on his "outstanding knowledge, expertise, football prediction prowess, and overall shrewd genius", (but mostly pure, dumb luck) and give this prediction for next week's conference championship games:

My mind says.                    My heart says
New England.                              Pittsburgh
Atlanta.                                         Green Bay

And I am going to go with my heart.

/

Board footera