The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2017 6:53 am  #1

Property Tax Independence Act - 2017, need your help!

SETRC/PCTA:

Yesterday Dave Argall and seven other Senate prime sponsors – four Republicans and four Democrats - issued an excellent co-sponsorship memo for SB 76.  Please read the memo at the link below.  What I am asking you to do is have as many of your members, friends, neighbors, and relatives as possible to contact their Senators and tell them they want them to co-sponsor the Property Tax Independence ActThis is VERY IMPORTANT!  Also, please take a few moments to thank the primes as well. 

The prime co-sponsors are:

Senator David G. Argall (R)
Senator Mike Folmer(R)
Senator Mario M. Scavello (R)
Senator Scott Wagner (R)
Senator Judith L. Schwank (D)
Senator John T. Yudichak (D)
Senator Lisa M. Boscola(D)
Senator Andrew E. Dinniman (D)

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/CSM/showMemoPublic.cfm?chamber=S&SPick=20170&cosponId=21832

Last edited by Common Sense (1/07/2017 6:54 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/07/2017 7:46 am  #2

Re: Property Tax Independence Act - 2017, need your help!

That bill isn't exactly moving at light speed, now is it.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/07/2017 7:56 am  #3

I agree something needs to be done with the property tax issue.  The result of funding schools via property taxation is that the richer neighborhood schools get better and the poorer neighborhood schools get worse.

1/07/2017 9:35 am  #4

Just Fred wrote:

I agree something needs to be done with the property tax issue.  The result of funding schools via property taxation is that the richer neighborhood schools get better and the poorer neighborhood schools get worse.

I believe there needs to be adequate funding of ALL school districts for basic education, but beyond that I still like the idea that any district can add whatever the people of the district desire to make an enhanced educational experience. I think that could still be accomplished with legislation and still allowing districts full discretion in additional funding based upon taxpayers in the district. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera