The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/03/2015 10:57 am  #21

Re: Forum Suggestions

florentine wrote:

A crafting section sounds good.

BTW, for some reason I can't seem to start a new topic. I can reply to a topic, but cannot start a new one.

Click on an area, such as "National News".
You should see a list of all the topics that have been started in the area.
Just below it, you should see a button that says New Topic

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/03/2015 1:09 pm  #22

Florentine: Which section where you trying to start a new thread? All registered users should be able to post wherever they would like, but I may have accidentally unchecked a  check button and that could be causing problems.

Lemme know when you have a moment.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/03/2015 1:25 pm  #23

Auto, garage again.  Gas prices are jumping up again. 

2/03/2015 2:01 pm  #24

Link to spelling and grammar would be very helpful.

2/03/2015 2:57 pm  #25

I see the 'new topic' button, but it doesn't work on my desktop.  It does work with my tablet.   I will just use my tablet to post new topics.

2/03/2015 4:47 pm  #26

florentine wrote:

I see the 'new topic' button, but it doesn't work on my desktop. It does work with my tablet. I will just use my tablet to post new topics.

What browser are you using?

And just to verify, you're definitely logged in on your desktop, right?

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/03/2015 4:55 pm  #27

Yes, I am logged in.  I have IE.  I tried posting a new topic in Gooses food section with the computer, but the New Topic button would not do anything.  I tried later with my tablet and was able to.  The tablet is new and I could not tell you what browser I use.  I just touch a blue world when I turn it on and it takes you to the Internet.

2/03/2015 5:00 pm  #28

Here is what I am going to suggest. 

Go to http://www.google.com/chrome/ and download the chrome browser. It's the browser I have used for years and in my opinion, the best browser going.

IE has traditionally been buggy and not always the most reliable.

If you don't want to do that, when I get home tonight I can try to log on the board using IE and try and recreate the problem to see if I can come up with a solution.

2/03/2015 6:27 pm  #29

Ok, I'm using the Chrome browser.  I will try this with a new topic and see if it works.

2/03/2015 6:37 pm  #30

Bingo!  The Chrome browser works!  Thanks, Lager.

Board footera