The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/03/2017 9:36 am  #1

Scandal at MSNBC

Joe Scarborough against the world

Joe Scarborough is fed up with his critics.

"I am sick and tired of people misrepresenting me and making snide assumptions and giving readers false conclusions," the "Morning Joe" co-host told CNNMoney on Monday. In 2017, he said, he was "going to war against lies."
One night earlier, Sopan Deb, a CBS News reporter who will soon move to The New York Times, tweeted that Scarborough and his "Morning Joe" co-host Mika Brzezinski had "partied with Trump" on New Year's Eve, linking to a Times report noting their attendance at the party. On Monday, Maggie Haberman, the author of that report, tweeted a photograph showing the co-hosts talking to a tuxedoed Trump before the party.

To many political journalists, Scarborough and Brzezinski's presence at Mar-A-Lago confirmed their suspicions: The co-hosts were far too cozy with Trump, trading favorable coverage for access. Scarborough had made no secret of his long friendship with Trump, or even that he occasionally gave him political advice, and now critics say he and Brzezinski were enjoying the perks of that friendship.

Even Chuck Todd, the NBC News political director and moderator of "Meet The Press," sent out a tweet that was widely interpreted as being directed at Scarborough: "It really stinks to watch others continue help ruin the reputation of your industry," he wrote. After Scarborough responded, Todd tweeted again: a link to a video of the song "Let It Go."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/02/media/joe-scarborough-mar-a-lago-new-years-eve-interview/index.html

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/03/2017 10:24 am  #2

Re: Scandal at MSNBC

I was following along with the back and forth between Sopan Deb and Scarborough when this story broke and it appears that this whole thing may be overblown. 

You can go find the associated tweets if you want but here is apparently the story.

Sopan Deb wrote a story in which he stated that Scarborough partied at Mar-A-Lago on New Year's Eve.

Scarborough shot back by saying he spent his NYE watching Ghostbusters and the Mariah Carey disaster on TV with his kids.

Deb asked what he was doing at Mar-A-Lago

Scarborough said that he was there because he wanted to get Trump for an interview on Morning Joe and Trump's scheduler set a meeting between he, Mika, and Joe early in the evening at Mar-A-Lago.

The New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman jumped in and seemed to corroborate Scarborough's story, saying that he was there around 7:00 p.m., and did mingle briefly with some people at the Secret Service checkpoint, but was not there late into the night for the party.

Deb then did admit that using the term, "partying" was probably incorrect. 

The whole thing seems overblown to me.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/03/2017 11:27 am  #3

It seems suspicious, given all of the fawning coverage Joe's show gave Trump for the past year.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/03/2017 1:27 pm  #4

Hey, usually MSNBC is slammed for their "liberal bias" by the R-tribe ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera