The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/22/2015 9:07 pm  #1

Better Call Saul

A quick recommendation if you're not watching it already.....

Better Call Saul is a show I have really gotten into this season. If you watched Breaking Bad (I never made it past the first half of the first season, regrettably) Saul Goodman was a character in the show. 

Better Call Saul is a prequal to Saul Goodman's Breaking Bad days. It's a phenominal show. It's on AMC at 10:00 on Monday nights and I can't say enough good things about it. It's funny, dramatice, and quirky. It's into its eighth episode so you'll have some catching up to do. But it's worth it, I promise.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

3/23/2015 9:59 am  #2

Re: Better Call Saul

You must have read my mind. Last night I saw another commercial for that show, and I wondered if it was any good. I also never made it past the first half, (or maybe even first quarter, I don't remember) of Breaking Bad. Not because I wasn't into it, but life happened and I just didn't follow through. Now I wish I had. Kind of feel the same about The Walking Dead.

Anyhow, I'm glad you made the recommendation. I am going to try to catch up somehow.

I also have a recommendation for a new show on the Travel Channel. It's called Breaking Borders. I watched 2 back-to-back episodes last night for the first time, and I can honestly say it may be one of the most interesting and important shows on TV right now. The show is about a woman who has spent most of her life being a war corespondent and a friend of hers that is a professional chef, go to where there are conflicts going on. They invite people from both sides of a conflict, and someone in the middle, to a dinner that they would never normally attend. The chef makes the meal, and they all sit down to discuss the conflict while "breaking bread" together. The first episode was about the Catholics and Protestants in Ireland. The second episode was about Israelis and Palestinians in Israel.

As you can imagine, it gets heated at times, but it really gives you the perspectives from all sides. It forces people to deal with each other as people, not just some faceless abstract "devil" on the other side. The next episode is about Egypt and their battles for democracy vs. against. 

Here's some info. - http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/whats-new-on-travel-channel/articles/breaking-borders

If anyone out there decides to watch it, let me know what you think.

Board footera