The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/21/2016 8:11 pm  #1

Have You Done this Yet?

Had lunch with friends Monday, in the restaurant for about two hours.  Returning to my car to go home discovered the engine had run the entire time I was in the restaurant.  Yeah, it's a new keyless auto. 

12/21/2016 8:52 pm  #2

Re: Have You Done this Yet?

I have to travel for work and many of the Enterprise rental vehicles now have the keyless start.

While I haven't actually walked away from the vehicle, there have been a couple of times where I opened the door and started to get before I realized the car was still running.  Since the key is already in your pocket, it isn't hard to forget to press the button to turn it off

12/21/2016 10:25 pm  #3

Funny part of my experience was the car beeped as it's suppose to do in that situation and I turned around to look at the car why the beep and it stopped so I went on into the restaurant.

12/23/2016 6:38 am  #4

Yea, I've done it.
Not only do I have a keyless system, but it's also a hybrid. So as soon as you put in park the thing gets real quiet.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera