The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/22/2015 2:59 pm  #31

Re: Why I am a Climate Change Skeptic

Remarkable. A concern with what biases people might have is important.
But so is what they write.
Did anybody read Moore's paper, or is that not relevant?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/22/2015 3:00 pm  #32

Goose wrote:

I read it. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/22/2015 3:01 pm  #33

tennyson wrote:

Goose wrote:

I read it. 

What did you think of it?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/22/2015 3:01 pm  #34

Never said I didn't read it or have any opinion, just that I don't want to discuss it with you.

3/22/2015 3:02 pm  #35

Brady Bunch wrote:

Never said I didn't read it or have any opinion, just that I don't want to discuss it with you.

Strange behavior for a discussion board.

Last edited by Goose (3/22/2015 3:02 pm)

3/22/2015 3:03 pm  #36

Goose wrote:

tennyson wrote:

Goose wrote:

I read it. 

What did you think of it?

I alread stated some of the items that should give you pause and that I looked at some NOAA info pertaining to it. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/22/2015 3:05 pm  #37

What's with the hostility from you two?

3/22/2015 3:16 pm  #38

There is a huge amount of very provocative stuff in that essay.
It actually bears some attention.

3/22/2015 4:17 pm  #39

Brady Bunch wrote:

Goose,

I have tried having discussions with you before that were utterly frustrating and really have no interest in attempting it again.

Heck, earlier in the thread all I did was ask Fred for a source for a link and you became condescending.  This is why I barely participate in the forum to begin with.  I generally steer clear of any conversations where I may disgaree with you because it is a pointless endeavor.

I am sorry that you feel that way.
I shall attempt to be more diplomatic.

Sharing my own perspective, I believe that you , on multiple occasions have gone out of your way to express hostility towards me as a person.
But, that's OK, whatever.
I won't avoid a discussion of science with someone simply because I personally don't care for them.

I authored an analysis of Moore's remarks in some detail.
Might I be permitted to ask what your reaction to his piece was, especially in regards to the points I raised?

Board footera