The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/05/2016 8:39 am  #1

The Rose Bowl?

Hey, I'm over the moon with it! 
This season has been a joy to watch. Now, Penn Sate goes to the Grand-daddy of them all, the Rose Bowl, to play USC, the pride of the Pac 10.

There's is some grumbling about PSU being left out of the national championship.
But, I'm happy and grateful for this season.

Predictions:
The lions win of course.
Alabama doesn't break a sweat over Washington.
I'll take Clemson over Ohio State. 

Last edited by Goose (12/05/2016 8:50 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/05/2016 8:42 am  #2

Re: The Rose Bowl?

I actually would prefer that they wound up in the Rose Bowl. 

I look at it as a "storybook ending" to a fantastic season. 

As an aside, looks like they are going to have a very good upcoming recruiting year and I believe the PR of the Rose Bowl will even make it better. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

12/05/2016 9:24 am  #3

As much as one could make a case for Penn State to be in the final four, they have 2 losses compared to the top 4 teams' 1 or 0 losses, all four teams being P5 conference teams.  That is good enough reason to leave them out.

I think Penn State vs. USC is a great matchup, and at least they ended the season ranked ahead of Michigan. 🙂

12/05/2016 9:38 am  #4

Penn State is fortunate to have ended up in the Rose because while it would have been great to see the Nits in the playoff, the reality is we would have spent our NYE watching Alabama put 40 points up on the Lions.

USC-PSU should be a great game between two teams who started slow, but are playing at peak performance right now. 

As for the playoffs, I wish the committee would have put Ohio State at #4 just because I think Bama-Ohio State and Clemson-Washington both would have been better semi-final matchups. 

But regardless, we should probably just hand the national title to Alabama now. I don't see anyone touching them in the postseason. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

12/05/2016 11:04 am  #5

Agree with Lager here.  I'd rather have the Nits end their spectacular comeback year with a good shot at winning the Rose Bowl rather than risk getting throttled by Alabama in the national championship semi-final.

Everyone who might be pissed at the selection committee should think back to September and compare then to now.  A helluva year for PSU no matter what happens while fielding a team with only 4 seniors.  Actually, the PSU vs USC matchup looks the best of the Bowls to me.

Board footera