The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/04/2016 4:48 pm  #1

So, Why is he Watching?

Trump Tweets 'SNL' Is 'Unwatchable' ... After Sketch About His Tweets

Alec Baldwin was back on "Saturday Night Live" this week to mock Donald Trump's love of tweeting, and the real president-elect hopped on his favorite social media platform during the show to let Baldwin know he wasn't laughing.

The show's cold open featured Baldwin's Trump at a security briefing in which he repeatedly loses focus and turns to his phone instead.

"I just retweeted the best tweet. I mean, wow, what a great, smart tweet," Baldwin as Trump says after sharing a post by a 16-year-old California high schooler named Seth.

"He really did do this," Kate McKinnon's Kellyanne Conway says to camera. And, yes, in fact Trump really did.

"Mr. Trump, please stop retweeting all these random, real people. You're not getting any work done," an adviser pleads in the sketch.

"There is a reason actually that Donald tweets so much," McKinnon's Conway explains. "He does it to distract the media from his business conflicts and all the very scary people in his cabinet."

"Actually, that's not why I do it," Trump rebukes. "I do it because my brain is bad."

About an hour after Baldwin's Trump took to Twitter on "SNL," Trump himself fired off a tweet calling the show "unwatchable"and "totally biased." He also said Baldwin's portrayal of him "just can't get any worse."

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/tv/trump-tweets-disapproval-snl-sketch-about-his-tweeting-habits-n691666?cid=par-twitter-feed_20161204

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/04/2016 5:12 pm  #2

Re: So, Why is he Watching?

The only thing wrong with the skit is that Trump is pretty much ignoring all the security briefings (guess because he already knows more than the generals and has a secret plan to destroy ISIS, etc). 

I hope at least Pence is taking notes. It is not as if national security should be a priority of a President-elect ! 

But, he DOES have time to watch SNL. 

Last edited by tennyson (12/04/2016 5:13 pm)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera