The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2015 1:30 pm  #11

Re: Pennsylvania's top police officer: Removing signs critical of him was

flowergirl wrote:

This is  typical behavior by some of PA's narrow-minded, uneducated citizens.  If Marcus Brown is confirmed to be the new head of the organization by the state Senate then he has the right to wear the uniform of his position.  This is no different than a police chief leaving the job from one police force and becoming a chief in an new police force.  Ignorance in Pennsylvania is alive and flourishing! 

"Some retired state troopers have publicly criticized Brown for wearing the uniform because he didn’t attend the State Police Academy or come up through the department’s ranks."

It seems that the Troopers oppose him wearing the PSP uniform not as you put it "PA narrow-minded, uneducated citizens".
He is not confirmed yet.  And now he is being invested for misdemeanor theft by local authorities.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/21/2015 1:58 pm  #12

What's the big deal?
If the Red Sox hire a new manager he will be  expected expected to don a red sox uniform even if he started his career with the Yankees.
Much ado about nothing.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/21/2015 2:04 pm  #13

The uniform issue is an agency issue as I see it!

But telling a false story and taking signs… That is a different issue! There very well could be charges?

“And now he is being invested for misdemeanor theft by local authorities.”

“Let's not forget that he initially lied and said they were placed in his front yard . Then he realized he got caught and then had to tell his version of the truth."

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/21/2015 4:52 pm  #14

In regards to him wearing the uniform, that doesn't bother me but I can see how it may upset some troopers who believe he shouldn't wear it.

However, I seriously question his actions in removing the signs.  Nothing about those signs could be considered libelous, slanderous or threatening.  He had no right to remove thoe signs.  In my opinion, in the best case scenario it shows poor judgment on his part.  It also makes me question how well he handles criticism and opposing views, especially considering what he did could be classified as a misdemeanor.

If I was Gov. Wolf, I would re-consider his appointment to the position.  He should learn from the lesson of Corbett appointments like Phil Abromats and Eli Avila (just to name a few) who were embarrassments.

3/21/2015 5:45 pm  #15

What is the REAL reason his detractors are so angry?

3/21/2015 5:46 pm  #16

florentine wrote:

What is the REAL reason his detractors are so angry?

Great question. Can we remove the silliness about the uniform and get to the meat of it?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/21/2015 10:08 pm  #17

The uniform is unimportant. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera