The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/20/2016 6:26 am  #1

Hey, Maybe I can Finally get Tickets

Trump Supporters Call For A “Hamilton” Boycott After The Cast Addressed Mike Pence

Trump supporters are calling for a boycott of the award-winning Broadway musical Hamilton after a cast member made an impassioned speech to Vice President-elect Mike Pence following a performance he attended Friday night.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tamerragriffin/boycott-hamilton?utm_term=.fs066mRElw#.hhpqqrnyL5

The Donald, El Hefe himself to to his Twitter account. It was vintage. A presentation of lies to suit a purpose.
"Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing.This should not happen!"

"The Theater must always be a safe and special place.The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!"

Here's what the cast member actually said:

"Vice President-elect Pence, we welcome you and we truly thank you for joining us here at 'Hamilton: An American Musical.' We really do," Dixon said.

"We, sir, we are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. But we truly hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us. All of us."
Dixon, who urged the audience not to boo Pence, said the show was performed by "a diverse group of men and women of different colors, creeds and orientations."

The cast member responded:
conversation is not harassment sir. And I appreciate @mike_pence for stopping to listen.

The Donald still couldn't let it go. Getting smaller all the time he tweeted:
Very rude and insulting of Hamilton cast member to treat our great future V.P. Mike Pence to a theater lecture.Couldn't even memorize lines!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) 

Wow, soooo disrespectful. Give me a break, el Presdente. If you can't handle a polite plea from a Broadway actor, how you gonna defeat ISIS? 

Anybody else smell something rotten here? Is picking a fight with a Broadway cast just another way to keep the show going? The us vs them, real 'mericans vs elites, rural vs city thing? These people are in a state of pertual anger. They can't even buy coffee without the anger spilling out. Gotta keep it going.

Maybe if he keeps the angry people angry, they won't notice the conflict of interest nightmare emerging with a Trum Presidency

Last edited by Goose (11/20/2016 6:32 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/20/2016 8:37 am  #2

Re: Hey, Maybe I can Finally get Tickets

Yeah, like those making the biggest fuss were really planning on traveling to NYC and Broadway to see the production.

11/20/2016 2:14 pm  #3

Offense is in the eye of the beholder. And Mike Pence saw and heard nothing that he felt was offensive.

Washington (CNN)Vice President-elect Mike Pence said the boos he faced at the Broadway production of "Hamilton" were "what freedom sounds like."

Pence also didn't criticize the show's cast for addressing him from the stage after the play's end Friday night, saying he wasn't offended and understood their message.
"I did hear what was said from the stage. I can tell you I wasn't offended by what was said.

As I wrote earlier, Trump just does this to keep the US vs Them  thing going and to keep the Angry People focusing their hate in a direction that helps the Donald.
So, a bunch of people who have never seen a musical since The Sound of Music are threatening a boycott.
Have at it.

Boycott Massachusetts while you are at it, why don't you.

Last edited by Goose (11/20/2016 2:16 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/20/2016 4:51 pm  #4

Board footera