The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2015 12:30 am  #11

Re: Forum Suggestions

How about a section on crafting?

Carpe Diem!

1/31/2015 9:17 am  #12

Is there any way to "like" or "unlike" comments? Not a necessity, just curious.

2/01/2015 4:32 pm  #13

I have seen talk on the Old Eschange about inviting Joan. Hey guys, while I am honored with the name of JimmyBear on the York History and Memories section, I would be much more honored if we gave that distinction to Joan --Please. She deserves it with all her hard work on the Old Exchange and all her work on the YDR Blog Website devoted to York County Memories and History.  

Last edited by JimmyBear (2/01/2015 4:33 pm)

2/02/2015 9:52 am  #14

I think we need a 'Just For Fun' section too.

2/02/2015 1:36 pm  #15

Don't name anything after me - seriously. (But I appreciate the idea SO much, Jimmy!) As the tagline says, I'm just here for the party... because I like talking about stuff and because I like you guys.

One of the things I'm most looking forward to about leaving full-time work at the YDR is the chance to be "Just Joan" a lot more in my online dealings. So I get to talk about things like the music I like and what I think about God and all that good stuff, not just the workthings. 

Other topic ideas... can movies encompass Movies and TV? And I third or fourth or whatever we're on the idea of a "Just for fun."

Joan
I'm just here for the party.

2/02/2015 2:14 pm  #16

Oh, also an idea: What about a health/fitness/diet/exercise-type grouping? I'm thinking I wouldn't mind having some accountability on some of my fitness goals.

Joan
I'm just here for the party.

2/02/2015 2:20 pm  #17

jconcilio wrote:

Other topic ideas... can movies encompass Movies and TV?

Changing a forum topic is above my Moderator pay grade....but if I could I would.

Lager?

Life is an Orthros.

2/02/2015 7:15 pm  #18

Perhaps we could add a travel section? (or it could be in the "just for fun")  area.

And, if we don't start seeing some content soon, we might want to trim the sports section a bit.

Last edited by Goose (2/02/2015 7:15 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/03/2015 9:41 am  #19

A crafting section sounds good.

BTW, for some reason I can't seem to start a new topic.  I can reply to a topic, but cannot start a new one.

2/03/2015 10:39 am  #20

Perhaps a "Humor in Real Life" would be neat -- similar to the Reader's Digest "Humor In Uniform" and "Humor On the Job" type section where contributors would share humorous situations in the course of their everyday life.

Board footera