The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2015 8:47 am  #1

Name the Artist

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/01/2015 3:14 pm  #2

Re: Name the Artist

Not sure, but it looks a little "Grandma Moses-ish" to me.

3/01/2015 3:28 pm  #3

Just Fred wrote:

Not sure, but it looks a little "Grandma Moses-ish" to me.

You got it!.

Nice collection of her work at the Bennington Museum.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/01/2015 5:09 pm  #4

Hint. It's in Italy.

Last edited by Goose (3/01/2015 5:09 pm)

3/06/2015 4:21 pm  #5

This is the Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi (Fountain of the Four Rivers) It lives  in the Piazza Navona in Rome, Italy.
The fountain was designed in 1651 by Gian Lorenzo Bernini for Pope Innocent X.

3/20/2015 6:46 am  #6

In many ways, Bernini is overshadowed by Michelangelo, but for my money Bernini was a much more accomplished sculptor.  Even today artists can't figure out how he did some of the things he did. 

3/20/2015 10:42 am  #7

This isn't really a 'name the artist', but since we're talking sculpture, ever since I've seen the types of sculptures I'll post pics of below, I've been completely fascinated as to how they can sculpt a layer over a layer so-to-speak. Like a transclucent shroud over a face or something similar.

3/20/2015 10:58 am  #8

Breath-taking, BYOB!

Board footera