The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/31/2016 11:58 am  #1

Donna Brazile Gave Clinton Questions Before CNN Presidential Debate

I suppose, if you want to look for silver linings in 2016, maybe cable news getting knocked down a couple of pegs through sexual harassment allegations and by their pundits tipping off candidates to debate questions, will cause their leadership to think about how their organizations can better serve the public.

Yet another hacked email from the latest Wikileaks dump Monday shows that acting DNC head and then-CNN contributor Donna Brazile provided questions to Hillary Clinton before a presidential debate.

The email sent by Brazile to Clinton chairman John Podesta and communications chief Jennifer Palmieri was headlined unambiguously: “One of the questions directed to HRC tomorrow is from a woman with a rash.” The email was sent March 5, the day before a CNN Democratic presidential debate featuring Clinton and her primary opponent Bernie Sanders.

“Her family has lead poison and she will ask what, if anything, will Hillary do as president to help the ppl of Flint,” Brazile said in the body of the email. Sure enough, one of the questions directed to Clinton during the debate was from a woman who spoke about the Flint water crisis’ effect on her family, asking what Clinton would do in her first hundred days in office.

Brazile has faced criticism after a previously uncovered email showed that she provided questions to Clinton ahead of a CNN town hall. Brazile, for her part, has denied that the emails are legitimate, and snapped at Fox News’ Megyn Kelly for “persecution” when she asked Brazile about them in an interview.

UPDATE (11:00 AM ET): In a second email released Monday, Brazile promised Palmieri and Podesta she would “send a few more” questions before the CNN town hall.

CNN announced today that they have accepted Brazille's resignation from the network.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

10/31/2016 12:08 pm  #2

Re: Donna Brazile Gave Clinton Questions Before CNN Presidential Debate

I DO have to say that each of the cable news networks actually do have some decent newscasters. That said, the later you get in the evening (on ALL of the networks) the worse their commentators are in terms of outright bias. 

The real bias nowadays lies even outside cable news. Groups like Breitbart are some of the worst out there. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

10/31/2016 12:34 pm  #3

tennyson wrote:

I DO have to say that each of the cable news networks actually do have some decent newscasters. That said, the later you get in the evening (on ALL of the networks) the worse their commentators are in terms of outright bias. 

The real bias nowadays lies even outside cable news. Groups like Breitbart are some of the worst out there. 

It's not a matter of stations having decent newscasters. All of them do. It's the intertwining of the campaigns and the newsrooms that I have a problem with.

Corey Lewandowski should not be collecting a paycheck from Trump and CNN at the same time.

CNN should not allow someone like Donna Brazille access to debate questions when she had such close ties to the DNC and Hillary Clinton. 

You can't say you're a fair and honest network if you have campaign surrogates on the payroll.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

10/31/2016 3:10 pm  #4

TheLagerLad wrote:

tennyson wrote:

It's not a matter of stations having decent newscasters. All of them do. It's the intertwining of the campaigns and the newsrooms that I have a problem with.

Corey Lewandowski should not be collecting a paycheck from Trump and CNN at the same time.

CNN should not allow someone like Donna Brazille access to debate questions when she had such close ties to the DNC and Hillary Clinton. 

You can't say you're a fair and honest network if you have campaign surrogates on the payroll.

Just one correction (at least as of now). CNN is saying that they did NOT give Brazille the questions. Correct me if I am wrong here. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

10/31/2016 4:05 pm  #5

It is the horrible, truly horrible practice by which Cable organizations take surrogates for various candidates and employ them as "analysts", and pass off their comments as reasoned commentary when it is nothing but advocacy.

And, I believe that Fox blazed the trail by giving "news" shows to just about every republican presidential and VP candidate that they could get their hands on for the last 12 years.
And, the decision by CNN to employ Lewondowski just boggles the mind.

Last edited by Goose (10/31/2016 4:07 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/31/2016 5:02 pm  #6

These organizations don't serve the public, they exist to make a profit and spread their point of view (just like all news organizations do).

I find it hilarious that when Bernie's supporters had enough of Debbie Wasserman Schultz doing everything in her power to help Clinton become the nominee and the DNC had to remove her, they replaced her with Brazile.  And now it turns out she was no different than Wasserman-Schultz, completely in the bag for Clinton.  Talk about sad and pathetic.

10/31/2016 5:17 pm  #7

Very disappointed in Brazille.
Hey, I understand why democratic operatives didn't like Bernie. He isn't a democrat.
But, you don't cheat. You just don't.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera