The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/26/2016 8:33 am  #11

Re: PSU Win Over OSU

Don't want to count my chickens,,,,,,,,, but that would be really awesome.

This team, for their obvious weaknesses, is fun to watch. That Pitt Game had me on the edge of my seat.
Let's be honest, at the end of the Paterno years, PSU had an archaic offense, that could really be a yawner to watch. Sometimes I wondered if they'd ever score a point if the field goal became outlawed.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/26/2016 3:23 pm  #12

Goose wrote:

Don't want to count my chickens,,,,,,,,, but that would be really awesome.

This team, for their obvious weaknesses, is fun to watch. That Pitt Game had me on the edge of my seat.
Let's be honest, at the end of the Paterno years, PSU had an archaic offense, that could really be a yawner to watch. Sometimes I wondered if they'd ever score a point if the field goal became outlawed.

See, I think the James Franklin's offense is garbage. He ruined Christian Hackenberg by moving off the pro-style pocket passer offense that Bill O'Brien had while he there. I like Trace McSorley at QB and Saquon Barkley is a top tier RB (I thought he'd be a Heismann contender after his Pitt performance), but they are not being put into a good position with the offense Franklin runs. 

Franklin hasn't been able to recruit good offensive linemen in the O'Brien and Franklin eras and the Nits haven't seen a good TE on the field since Paterno died and the wide receivers are for the most part, sub-par.

That said, Franklin is getting the most out of what he has this year. I just wonder how he gets PSU into the Michigan/Ohio State tier of the Big Ten.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

10/27/2016 7:31 am  #13

It's going to be a long journey for the Nits to get back to the point where a win over Michigan or Ohio State isn't considered a big upset.
I don't know that Franklin can get them there.
Recruiting is key.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/27/2016 5:45 pm  #14

Goose wrote:

It's going to be a long journey for the Nits to get back to the point where a win over Michigan or Ohio State isn't considered a big upset.
I don't know that Franklin can get them there.
Recruiting is key.

Recruiting is key.

Last month, my local Catholic High School (Archbishop Wood) played St. Joe's Prep in a game that was shown on ESPNU as their Friday night high school game of the week. Before the game, a Wood player, a wide receiver and a Prep player, a running back, announced where they were going to play college ball. Both are going to the University of Georgia.

Franklin can't afford to lose Pennsylvania kids to the SEC. 

That said, I read that Franklin had over 100 recruits at the Ohio State game. Between the White Out and the upset win, that had to be an impressive spectacle. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera