The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2015 2:03 pm  #1

Pete Rose Applies for Reinstatement in Major League Baseball

Pete Rose has officially applied for reinstatement in Major League Baseball. Personally I feel his reinstatement is long over due especially since we reinstate many other professional sports figures who have been charged and convicted of animal abuse, sex offences, child abuse, assault and battery, racial slurs, biting ears off and varoius other charges. While I believe our sports figures should be clean law abiding citizens and when the offence is serious should be banned from their sports -- the fact is they aren't. And so there should not be a double standard - Pete Rose should be reinstated. He should also be admitted to the Hall of Fame even  in spite of his gambling charges. A number of other sports figures who have been guilty of crimes worse than Pete's, have been admitted to the Hall of Fame. You can't take away his great baseball accomplishments. What are your thoughts? Here is the story -http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2015/03/pete_rose_submits_official_app.html

Last edited by JimmyBear (3/17/2015 2:06 pm)

3/17/2015 2:56 pm  #2

Re: Pete Rose Applies for Reinstatement in Major League Baseball

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the only real issue here is whether he is eligible for the Hall of Fame. My notion is that his actual other records will stand in terms of baseball history. If that IS correct, then I do believe he does NOT deserve to be inducted into the Hall. But, that is just my opinion. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/17/2015 3:00 pm  #3

Pete Rose deserves zilch!  Please go away again, Pete.  America is sick & tired of you.

3/20/2015 10:48 am  #4

I like the old Pete Rose ............. the newer version got too weird for me.  If we are discussing the old "Charlie Hustle", I'd put him right up there with the best that ever played the game.

3/20/2015 1:07 pm  #5

I believe Pete shoud be in the Hall of Fame. 

It took far longer than it should have, but he did finally 'fess up to his gambling on baseball and he has apologized for it.

Because of that, and because of his stats and impact on the game when he played he deserves a spot in the Hall.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera