The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/29/2016 8:07 am  #1

'Nightmare' in Rio: NBC's Olympics Ratings Down 15% From London

The question then arises, is the long term buy of future Olympic broadcasts gong to be a good deal for them or not ? The Olympics advertising fees were extremely high, but will future Olympics command the same fees as the younger generation has had a huge slip in viewership (BTW, ALL sports are seeing this same phenomena of fewer and fewer young viewers). 

http://adage.com/article/special-report-the-olympics/nightmare-rio/305594/

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

8/29/2016 9:43 am  #2

Re: 'Nightmare' in Rio: NBC's Olympics Ratings Down 15% From London

I, for one, am tired of Olympics, especially in summer.  Beach volley ball.  Really?  How boring.  And it seems more and more we're inundated with trash stories of olympiads' behavior which is later galamorized by the media.  Never tuned in once.  Found Drumpster's shenanigans more fun to watch.

8/29/2016 11:40 am  #3

Yea, I got sick of the coverage as well. Pretty ironic given that in this age you had access to multiple feeds.
Maybe NBC really was that awful, or times simply change.

I also agree with Flowergirl. I am sick and tired of beach volley ball. It's about as interesting as table tennis.
Hey, I get the novelty of fit young ladies in tiny swimsuits. But, it's a fad that is just plain over.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/29/2016 12:42 pm  #4

I think it is that "times change".  

Networks have made huge long term investments in things they had expected to be cash cows and now are looking less and less likely. 

Of course that is the way all business gambles work. You have winners and losers. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera