The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/13/2015 8:54 am  #1

Springettsbury Township police chief resigns abruptly

A very odd story? A police chief does not abruptly resign?

Springettsbury Township police chief resigns abruptly
http://www.ydr.com/crime/ci_27703096/springettsbury-township-police-chief-resigns-abruptly

Thomas Hyers, Springettsbury Township's police chief for the past three years, resigned abruptly Thursday, according to a township supervisor.Supervisor Kathleen Phan said members of the board of supervisors were notified of the resignation, effective immediately, in an email from township manager Kristen Denne just before Thursday's regularly scheduled board meeting. The resignation was not discussed at the meeting, Phan said, "because we didn't have anything to discuss.""It came as a shock to all of us," Phan said.

Last edited by Common Sense (3/13/2015 8:54 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/13/2015 8:57 am  #2

Re: Springettsbury Township police chief resigns abruptly

The township police department has been plagued with problems for some time.  Looks like another scandal????

3/13/2015 11:40 am  #3

I do hope somebody in our local "media" digs into this. How weird.

3/13/2015 11:48 am  #4

Maybe the guy just wanted to retire ! 

Besides, it is a thankless job !

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/13/2015 12:05 pm  #5

Yeah, but I'm wondering why they didn't just say that if that's the case.

3/13/2015 12:10 pm  #6

BYOB wrote:

Yeah, but I'm wondering why they didn't just say that if that's the case.

The second sentence of the acticle actually said kind of that very thing.

"It was just time," Hyers said this morning. "I came into the job thinking I'd do three years there. I did my three years and it was time to go."

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/13/2015 12:18 pm  #7

Kind of. Odd that he didn't just say retire though. Oh well, as long as it's not for anything bad, then he can have at it.

3/13/2015 12:47 pm  #8

"Thomas Hyers, Springettsbury Township's police chief for the past three years, resigned abruptly Thursday, according to a township supervisor."

Yup sounds like a normal retirement?

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/13/2015 12:58 pm  #9

Yeah, that's what's weird.

3/13/2015 3:15 pm  #10

Abrupt is the key word.

Board footera