The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/17/2016 9:51 am  #1

Same old same old

While I'm really enjoying the Olympics, and one of my favorite events is boxing, but, here we go again .......... I've watched more than one boxer get ripped off by the judges when they obviously outscored their opponent.  It must be so frustrating to work so hard for 4 years and have all the effort go down the drain due to poor and unfair judging.

It's one thing to be beaten by a superior opponent, but it's another thing to be 'beaten' by a lame-ass judge or judges.

8/17/2016 10:06 am  #2

Re: Same old same old

Just Fred wrote:

While I'm really enjoying the Olympics, and one of my favorite events is boxing, but, here we go again .......... I've watched more than one boxer get ripped off by the judges when they obviously outscored their opponent.  It must be so frustrating to work so hard for 4 years and have all the effort go down the drain due to poor and unfair judging.

It's one thing to be beaten by a superior opponent, but it's another thing to be 'beaten' by a lame-ass judge or judges.

I haven't watched that much Olympic boxing but I did catch the heavyweight gold medal bout between a Russian, and a guy from Kazakhstan. 

The Russian was bigger and favored going into the bout, but he got his ass beat by his opponent. I don't know all of the finer points of scoring boxing, but I know when a guy gets punched more than his opponent and that was the case in this fight.

Yet, the Russian was awarded the gold unanimously, prompting the announcer to say that the judges must have filled out their scorecards before the fight.

The fight was fixed just as much as anything Don King could have ever done to a fight in Vegas.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

8/18/2016 1:06 pm  #3

If it makes you feel any better Fred, today theAmateur International Boxing Associated replaced their Executive Director

Further to the decision taken yesterday by AIBA with regard to the reassessment of the judges and referees officiating during Rio 2016 Olympic Games, the AIBA Vice Presidents and Executive Board members have decided to reassign immediately the current AIBA Executive Director to a new role within the organization.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

8/18/2016 3:17 pm  #4

Good.  Better late than never, I guess.  But, what is the 'new role' the Executive Director will have within the organization?

Sadly, it doesn't help the current Olympians that got screwed.

Board footera