The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2015 6:23 pm  #1

A love letter to The New Exchange

Dear fellow Exchangers,
                   As some of you may know from what I've said on the old Exchange, I don't comment on any other sites or forums, and I generally don't read the comments sections. But today I did. Now, I'm no saint, but what I read made me so disgusted and sad that it gave me an even greater appreciation of how great everyone is on this forum. I want to compliment every single one of you for not being remotely close to the types of people that I read today. I love that we have different opinions and can discuss topics with each other respectfully. I don't care if we swear, get angry, or disagree vehemently. No one gets personal and hurls vile insults for no other purpose than to hurt people. And for that alone, I am thankful to you all. Long live The New Exchange!
                                                                                            - BYOB

3/11/2015 8:49 pm  #2

Re: A love letter to The New Exchange

The old Exchange certainly was not perfect, but it was heads and shoulders above most other similar sites. With people on the New Exchange allowing what hopefully is more active moderation if needed this could even be better. We all certainly CAN have differences of opinions and we can even call each other out as long as it is done with civility. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/12/2015 6:34 am  #3

Thank you, gentlemen.

As part of the Mod/Admin team I am thankful, first of all, that we have had over a month of operation with a very respectful tone, and second, that consequently I have not needed to edit or delete any comments.

Thoreau wrote that "a government which governs least governs best" and the corollary is that "the moderator who moderates least moderates best".

Thank you ALL for making that possible!

Life is an Orthros.

3/12/2015 8:34 am  #4

In response to your love letter.....

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

3/12/2015 2:14 pm  #5

Thanks again Lager for setting this all up.

I was feeling kinda lost when we were told the old board was shutting down.

I like the tone here much better.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

3/12/2015 3:01 pm  #6

For what it's worth, I find that this is the same Exchange as it's always been. There were essentially two bad actors at the old place that seemed to cause a lot of negativity and as they haven't come over here (yet?), I would expect things to remain the same.

The one thing I do like about the new board is that we've seemed to expand our topics. Lot of good stuff in the food/drink section, the Hanover Eagle thread, and stuff like that. 

Of course, I always expected the board to be news/politics/debate centered, but it's cool that we've added traffic in the other sections.

As long as you all are into the board, I will be too. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

3/12/2015 8:27 pm  #7

TheLagerLad wrote:

In response to your love letter.....

Ummmm, not exactly what I meant. More like "love for my peeps" type. Maybe I should have put "love" in quotes, now that I think about it.
That being said, since you're "dear John"ing me, you'll not get one damn dime in alimony. 

3/12/2015 10:26 pm  #8

BYOB wrote:

[
That being said, since you're "dear John"ing me, you'll not get one damn dime in alimony. 

Some exchanges make no cents.

Life is an Orthros.

3/13/2015 7:53 am  #9

Yeah, other boards can get pretty ugly.  I'm glad we have the New Exchange.  Thanks Lager and Mods.

3/13/2015 11:22 am  #10

"Some exchanges make no cents." - said Tarnation

Ha, I see what you did there. Good one!

Board footera