The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/24/2016 8:06 am  #1

Facebook to Provide ‘Political Bias’ Training for Employees

Facebook to Provide ‘Political Bias’ Training for Employees

Read the full story here:

http://dailysignal.com/2016/06/22/facebook-to-provide-political-bias-training-for-employees/

Facebook is adding a training program for its employees to address concerns that the company has a bias against conservatives.Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook’s chief operating officer, announced the addition of a “political bias” section to the company’s managing unconscious bias class during a Wednesday event at the American Enterprise Institute.“We have a managing bias class that all of our leaders and a lot of our employees have taken that I was part of helping to create. And we focused on racial bias, age bias, gender bias, national bias, and we’re going to add in a scenario now on political bias,” Sandberg said. “So as we think about helping people understand different points of view and being open to different points of view, we’re dealing with political bias as well going forward.

”Sandberg’s announcement comes six weeks after a former Facebook contractor accused the company of suppressing conservative news on the platform. Since that Gizmodo report on May 9, Facebook has revamped how it operates the Trending Topics feature. The company also hosted more than a dozen conservative leaders, including Heritage Foundation President Jim DeMint, at its Menlo Park, California, headquarters on May 18 to address the fallout.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

6/24/2016 8:10 am  #2

Re: Facebook to Provide ‘Political Bias’ Training for Employees

Throwing a bone to the conspiracy theorists at breitbart?
But, reality does have a liberal bias

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

6/24/2016 8:44 am  #3

I wonder if the cable news networks will do the same thing ? 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

6/24/2016 9:21 am  #4

What do you expect from Mark "Dr. Evil" Zuckerberg and the rest of the progressive, far left, evil empires that reside in Silicon Valley? After all, look how close they are to Hollywood and all those left wing activist entertainment types. They're all in cahoots with the Obama White House and Hillary.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

In the words of that famous modern day philosopher, Garth Algar: "We fear change".

Time to head for the bunkers ! ! !

Last edited by Rongone (6/24/2016 9:22 am)

6/24/2016 10:10 am  #5

What about those evil, lefty search engines.?

I mean, if you google "climate change research papers", 97% of the results will be of papers demonstrating climate change.
Outrageous! Censorship!
Lost Liberty !
LOL

Last edited by Goose (6/24/2016 10:10 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

6/24/2016 10:29 am  #6

Facebook is adding a training program for its employees to address concerns that the company has a bias against conservatives.Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook’s chief operating officer, announced the addition of a “political bias” section to the company’s managing unconscious bias class during a Wednesday event at the American Enterprise Institute.“We have a managing bias class that all of our leaders and a lot of our employees have taken that I was part of helping to create. And we focused on racial bias, age bias, gender bias, national bias, and we’re going to add in a scenario now on political bias,” Sandberg said. “So as we think about helping people understand different points of view and being open to different points of view, we’re dealing with political bias as well going forward.

Stupid. Humans have the natural ability to be sensitve to the elderly, various racial groups, men and women, and so forth.

It's funny how conservatives goof on college students for their "trigger warnings" and whatnot, but force a bunch of adults into a "political sensitivity" class. 

if I was Zuck, I would have told them to pound sand.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera