The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2015 6:54 pm  #21

Re: What About Iran

If I can momentarily throw a political hissy fit, - I'm tired of our sad disjointed political environment! (slumps to the floor) Why can't we be unified in any freakin' thing? (kicks and pounds fists) What a total mess! (picks self up off floor, dusts off clothes) There. Solves nothing. But does feel slightly better. 

Last edited by BYOB (3/03/2015 6:57 pm)

3/03/2015 7:17 pm  #22

Bibi went to speak at the U.S. Congress ! ? ! ?

Did Inhofe throw a snowball at him ?

Oh wait . . . Now that I have read about what he said, it was a purely partisan political speech either devoid of or taking great leeway with the facts:

http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-did-netanyahu-too-far-us-speech-201327619--politics.html

I hope Netanyahu loses the election.

Last edited by Rongone (3/03/2015 8:31 pm)

3/04/2015 7:45 am  #23

Interesting to hear what the Israeli media had to say about their leader.  Here's an excerpt:

Polls published on Tuesday, before the speech, showed Herzog’s Zionist Union widening its lead over Netanyahu’s rightwing Likud party. The opposition party is projected to get 24 seats, two to three more than Likud, polls published for Israel’s Army Radio and Knesset Channel showed.

However, Israeli political analysts believe the centre-left camp has fewer potential political partners in the Knesset than the right wing, and may struggle to form a stable coalition even if it gains more votes than Likud.The Zionist Union on Tuesday aired a TV campaign ad belittling Netanyahu’s speech to the US Congress. Netanyahu’s Facebook page on Wednesday carried clips from the speech, which received several standing ovations from members of Congress, and the words: “Thank you for your support”.

Yossi Melman, writing in the Ma’ariv newspaper, said the prime minister’s speech, was “uninspired and whiny”.“There was no international diplomatic alternative, no new policy vis-a-vis the Palestinians that could form a new coalition in the Middle East against Iran, there was no military option,” he wrote. “It was classic Bibi in love with his own words and speeches and preferring to do nothing.”

Complete article:
http://gulfnews.com/news/region/palestine/israeli-commentators-critical-of-benjamin-netanyahu-1.1466571

Last edited by Just Fred (3/04/2015 7:49 am)

3/05/2015 12:04 pm  #24

Gee, who could have predicted this

:DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's fiery speech this week before the U.S. Congress, in which he argued against an emerging nuclear deal with Iran, has received tacit support from an unlikely quarter -- Saudi Arabia.

The oil-rich Sunni kingdom views Shiite Iran as a regional rival that is perhaps even more menacing than Israel.

That was clear in a string of columns this week published in Saudi state-linked media, which is widely seen as reflecting official views and mainstream thought in the kingdom, and which voiced skepticism of President Barack Obama's efforts to broker a landmark nuclear agreement with Tehran."Who could believe that Netanyahu today has taken a better stand than Obama with regard to the Iranian nuclear file?" columnist Ahmed al-Faraj wrote in the Saudi-owned al-Jazira newspaper on Monday, a day before the speech.

Let me guess ................... it couldn't be that the Sunni and Shiite Islamic factions are vying for control of the region, could it?  Nah, I remember William Krystol telling us before we jumped into the Iraqi War that is was some kind of 'pop psychology' to think the Sunni and Shiite factions don't get along.

When we invaded an Iraq that was controlled by a Sunni dictator, the Shiites cheered. So now we need to go to war with a Shiite nation so the Sunnis have something to cheer about?  What a mess.

Last edited by Just Fred (3/05/2015 12:06 pm)

Board footera