The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/29/2015 1:27 pm  #1

Moderators Needed

Hi everyone.

If you would like to be a moderator of the The New Exchange, please reply to to this thread and I'll consider your request. 

Thanks

Lager

P.S. Please note that this is an unpaid position.

Last edited by ExchangeAdmin (1/29/2015 1:28 pm)

1/29/2015 3:31 pm  #2

Re: Moderators Needed

Congrats Goose. You're a mod.

Please use your new found power wisely. 

1/29/2015 7:29 pm  #3

Do I get a scepter?
just asking,,,

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/29/2015 9:22 pm  #4

If you'd like to balance the team with someone a little right of center, I'm willing.

Life is an Orthros.

1/29/2015 9:36 pm  #5

Tarnation wrote:

If you'd like to balance the team with someone a little right of center, I'm willing.

Poof! You're a Mod.

Let's keep in mind that in Mod mode, we're not politicking. As a Mod, it's more like you've been elected. Our primary goal is to make sure the trains run on time, the potholes are filled, and in general, law and order is kept.

1/29/2015 9:58 pm  #6

Believe it or not I am pretty much laissez-faire.  Thoreau said that "the government that governs least governs best" and the same is generally true for Moderators:

Life is an Orthros.

1/30/2015 5:50 am  #7

I think that the moderators should be nearly invisible.
Just kinda keep the train on the track.

I do think that the moderator should be empowered to delete an obscene or abusive post, or a, let's call it a "darkstar post", that is just completely off the topic.

What willl the powers of the moderator be?
Just to give a gentle touch on the shoulder, or can he give a rare kick in the arse as well?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/30/2015 5:52 am  #8

What does a moderator need to do excactly?

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

1/30/2015 7:27 am  #9

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

What does a moderator need to do excactly?

To Tarnation's point, very little. Think of a mod as a customer service rep. They are there to answer questions, provide assistance to users, and try and keep the board ship-shape.

1/30/2015 10:19 am  #10

Okay.

If you need more moderators I'll volunteer for the apolitical slot.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

Board footera