The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/18/2016 6:37 am  #1

Hyundai Accent

Looking for an inexpensive sedan replacement for a retiring vehicle.

My wife heard positive comments about the Hyundai Accent.

Anybody have ideas?

Thanks

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/18/2016 9:40 am  #2

Re: Hyundai Accent

By all means check it out in Consumer Reports, particularly the annual auto issue in April.  If I may, I remember maybe 20 years or so ago CR could not complete its testing of the Accent because it was so awful and of course it was downgraded to "Not buy."  I always remember this because back then a new employee who had moved to northern VA from NYC drove an Accent and I distinctly remember it being much worse than a piece of junk.  From what I remember reading in recent issues though today's accent is not that same vehicle.

5/18/2016 4:12 pm  #3

Re: Hyundai Accent

As a lifelong GM guy, it was a quantum leap for me to buy a gently used Ford Five Hundred Limite (precursor of the Taurus) last year but I am very, very pleased.  It has all wheel drive and a continuously variable transmission.   The CVT is awesome even though you lose a little bit of fuel economy.   It simply holds speed, no sudden surges down hills, and the handling is great.  So I'd recommend a Ford Taurus.

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera