The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2016 10:01 am  #1

Dutch Bros employees pray for grieving widow at drive-thru

Dutch Bros employees pray for grieving widow at drive-thru

http://www.oregonlive.com/faith/2016/03/dutch_bros_prayer.html

When Dutch Bros employees noticed a woman in line for coffee Saturday was visibly upset, they offered to talk.Her husband had died just the night before, she told them. He was only 37.Pierce Dunn, 19, gave her free coffee and asked if he could pray for her. She said that would help.Dunn and two other employees leaned out the drive-thru window to hold her hand.

"That moment was absolutely incredible," said Dunn. "It was so emotional."She was crying. I shed a few tears. We've cried since as well. When something that real happens, it hits close to home."Dunn, who identifies as a Christian, prayed the widow would feel supported and loved, that God would provide peace and help the family mourn.A woman in line snapped a photo of the scene and posted it on Facebook -- garnering more than 128,000 likes and 35,700 shares as of Tuesday afternoon.  

Snapped this picture while waiting in line at the Dutch Bros on 138th Avenue today. Turns out the young lady in line...Posted by Barbara Danner on Saturday, March 19, 2016
Evan Freeman, the 21-year-old in the back of the prayer group, said he prayed the woman would trust brighter days will come. He's not religious, he didn't think twice about praying for the stranger if it was what she wanted. "She could have said she wanted an apple, and I would have gone and planted a tree and grown her an apple. It just happened to be religion that she wanted," he said.The interaction was in line with company culture at Dutch Bros, said Jessica Chudek, who owns the franchise, located at 2610 N.E. 138th Ave. in Vancouver."Of course I was proud of them and of our company and our culture, but I really was not surprised," she said. "We do these kinds of things every day, and rarely is it caught on camera."

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/23/2016 12:23 pm  #2

Re: Dutch Bros employees pray for grieving widow at drive-thru

Anyone fact-check this story?

3/23/2016 1:05 pm  #3

Re: Dutch Bros employees pray for grieving widow at drive-thru

I hope so it's a story that really needs fact checked???

If you would like to Fact Check, Fact Check away.

By Melissa Binder | The Oregonian/OregonLive
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on March 22, 2016 at 2:23 PM, updated March 22, 2016 at 2:29 PM
- Melissa Bindermbinder@oregonian.com
503-294-7656
@binderpdx

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

Board footera