The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2016 9:52 am  #1

St. Patrick’s Day is a day for Spiritual renewal and offer

St. Patrick’s Day is a traditional day for Spiritual renewal and offering prayers.

Beannacht / Blessing

On the day when the weight deadens on your shoulders and you stumble,
may the clay dance to balance you.

And when your eyes freeze behind the grey windowand the ghost of loss
gets in to you, may a flock of colours, come to awaken in you a meadow of delight.

When the canvas frays in the currach of thought and a stain of ocean blackens beneath you,
may there come across the waters a path of yellow moonlight to bring you safely home.

May the nourishment of the earth be yours, may the clarity of light be yours, may the fluency of the ocean be yours, may the protection of the ancestors be yours.

And so may a slowwind work these words of love around you, an invisible cloak to mind your life.”

― John O'Donohue, Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/17/2016 12:37 pm  #2

Re: St. Patrick’s Day is a day for Spiritual renewal and offer

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/17/2016 7:58 pm  #3

Re: St. Patrick’s Day is a day for Spiritual renewal and offer

As noted in the other thread, Patrick "Equal to the Apostles and Enlightener of Ireland" is truly a universal Saint, commemorated on the same day, the 17th day of March, by Orthodox and Latins (and their liturgical Protestant descendants) alike.

Here is a prayer from Orthdox Great Compline with a decidedly Celtic flavor:

The Father is my hope;
The Son is my refuge;
The Holy Spirit is my guide;
O Holy Trinity, Glory be to Thee!

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera