The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2016 1:08 pm  #1

Gas Prices on the Way UP

Now at the $1.99 mark in most areas around York with a few hanging in there at $1.89--probably not for long though.

3/12/2016 1:27 pm  #2

Re: Gas Prices on the Way UP

Yea, I think we hit the bottom a couple of weeks ago.

I hope it doesn't go up too much as I will be taking a long road trip in a couple of weeks and was hoping for cheap prices

3/12/2016 4:23 pm  #3

You may still find low prices, just not in PA, where they never were at the lowest as in other states.

3/13/2016 2:57 pm  #4

Average Regular Gas Price by State

http://www.gasbuddy.com/USA

New Jersey comes in lowest @ $1.68
California the highest @ $2.59

Last edited by Common Sense (3/13/2016 2:57 pm)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/17/2016 9:23 pm  #5

$2.05 looks like it will be the next new standard in this area.  There goes $.15 cents off of my Giant gas points.

Last edited by flowergirl (3/17/2016 9:24 pm)

3/17/2016 9:35 pm  #6

Thank Governor Corbett and Act 89 for the highest state gas tax in the nation.

Thanks him again when you burn lots of that highest-taxed gas to detour replacement of "structurally deficient" bridges the next few summers.

Remember, a "structurally deficient" bridge is not in danger of collapse.  It just doesn't meet modern design standards, particularly shoulders and walk ways.   The walkways and bike lanes could be cantilvered onto the existing bridge, but that would take away the fun....

Life is an Orthros.

3/18/2016 8:45 am  #7

Hey, maybe this is part of the reason:

No One Knows Where These 800,000 Barrels of Oil Have Gone

Just two months ago, the International Energy Agency warned that the global oil market could “drown in oversupply.” But according to a Wall Street Journal report, a large portion of the problematic oversupply that is worrying traders and potentially holding down oil prices is also nowhere to be found.

The IEA was unable to account for 800,000 barrels of crude per day last year--the highest level of missing crude in 17 years.

The missing crude could simply be a figment of statistics, showing up in the agency’s data due to flawed accounting. But stockpiles could also be building up in non-OECD countries, like China, for which the IEA does not keep such rigorous data.

If the oversupply has been exaggerated and those barrels don’t exist, market analysts say that the oil market could tighten substantially. Crude prices have wallowed at their lowest point in more than a decade over the course of a nearly-two-year crash marked by concern about oversupply.

Poor accounting, or a new, innovative way to manipulate the market price devised by some big oil execs sitting around at the Houston country club, smoking cigars, and thinking up ways to boost the price of oil products around the world.

You decide.

3/18/2016 9:27 am  #8

Interestingly, the $2.05 I saw yesterday is back down to $1.99 this morning.  I used my $.30 off this morning at Giant where the price on the pump was $1.99 and not $2.05 to my delight. Leaving the area I noticed the price on Giant's roadside sign showed $2.05, not the $1.99. Did I just beat the price at the pump change?  The Rutters about a mile away shows $2.05.

Board footera