The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/12/2016 7:51 am  #1

Fair and Balanced

I once

Last edited by Goose (3/06/2016 7:41 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/12/2016 8:29 am  #2

Re: Fair and Balanced

Hey, Rupert Murdoch is all about fair & balanced in the news and his personal life. Here's an example of him balancing old and new:

Rupert Murdoch Announces Engagement to Model Jerry Hall via Times Ad

Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall have big news to share: They’re getting married.

The 84-year-old News Corp. executive chairman and the 59-year-old model best known for her longtime relationship with rocker Mick Jagger announced their engagement Monday in the “Births, Marriages and Deaths” section of The Times. The newspaper is owned by Murdoch’s News Corp.

The news comes less than one day after the new couple — dating for four months after reportedly being set up by his sister and niece in Australia — walked the red carpet at Sunday’s Golden Globes in Los Angeles. Arm in arm, the duo posed for photographers and, following the show, attended the Fox party.

A spokesperson for Murdoch declined further comment on the matter. A 21st Century Fox spokespeson adds: “They have loved these past months together, are thrilled to be getting married and excited about their future together.”

This is how the ad reads:

Mr. Rupert Murdoch and Miss Jerry Hall

Mr. Rupert Murdoch, father of Prudence, Elisabeth, Lachlan, James, Grace and Chloe Murdoch, and Miss Jerry Hall, mother of Elizabeth, James, Georgia and Gabriel Jagger, are delighted to announce their engagement.

Hall’s relationship with The Rolling Stones frontman lasted from 1977 through 1999 though they never officially married. They did have four children together, all named in the announcement, ranging in age from 18-30. Murdoch split from his third wife, Wendi Deng, 46, in 2013. Murdoch and Deng had two children together, Grace, 14, and Chloe, 12. His eldest son is Lachlan, 44.

Wow . . . Moving on to wife #4? Hopefully for Rupert, Mick didn't wear Jerry out in these 22 years. I guess we now know part of the reason Fox 'news' is rampant with younger bubble headed bleach blonde, kewpie doll female 'reporters' flashing their pearly whites, stiletto heels, and push up cleavages at the camera as they read the news to the guys down at the assisted living center.

Cheers to Rupert and Jerry. I can't wait to receive my invitation to the gala affair. At 68, I think I qualify to attend. Wonder where they're going on their honeymoon . . . I'm guessing Hedonism II in Jamaica, mon.

1/13/2016 9:29 am  #3

I live by a simple motto when it comes to learning about current events in this day and age....

Don't watch cable news. Any of it. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/13/2016 8:49 pm  #4

Sadly, one of the better cable news networks, Al-Jazeera America announced today that they will be going off the air on April 30th. 

AJA is a very good network. Straight news. Important stories. I'm watching a good story on an Ohio town that could be subject to an increased cancer risk due to an nearby hazardous waster incinerator right now. AJA's stories are varied and not fixated on one or two big news items replayed over and over. 

But you know what else? It's very dry. And that's ok for me at least because the reporting is good. But I also get that this type of news isn't going to get ratings, which means they're not going to draw advertisers to support the good reporting they do.

It sucks because I think this type of TV news is important.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/22/2016 3:21 pm  #5

This is a damn disgrace....

Leaked Audio Catches Mika and Joe Chatting With Trump During Break: ‘Nothing Too Hard, Mika’

........“You know what I thought was kind of a wow moment, was the guy you brought up on stage,” Brzezinski began by telling Trump.

“We played it several times this morning,” Scarborough put in.

“I watched your show this morning,” Trump responded. “You have me almost as a legendary figure, I like that.”

After that, Brzezinski thanked Trump for agreeing to the interview. “You, you get great ratings and a raise,” he told her. “Me, I get nothing.”

“This will make us all look good,” Trump said, to which Scarborough replied, “Exactly.”

Scarborough and Trump then chatted about their thoughts on his most recent debate performance. “The next morning when I saw the CBS poll, I knew that the people who mattered didn’t think you lost it,” Scarborough said. “I mean, you came in a strong second. And I’ll tell you what was the most revealing thing was [Jeb Bush] came in last, the guy you attacked.”

Brzezinski then tried to ask Scarborough about a question she planned to ask Trump, trying to be discrete but eventually giving away the subject. “Do you not want me to do, the um, the ones with, um, deportation?”

“We really do have to go to some questions,” Scarborough responded.

“That’s right,” Trump agreed, before joking, “Nothing too hard, Mika.”

“Okay,” Brzezinski can be heard telling someone. In the end, there were no questions about immigration or deportations during the town hall. At the same time, Scarborough can be heard discussing potential questions with a producer, and Trump makes a comment indicating he can’t hear what they’re talking about.

2/22/2016 4:45 pm  #6

TheLagerLad wrote:

This is a damn disgrace....

Leaked Audio Catches Mika and Joe Chatting With Trump During Break: ‘Nothing Too Hard, Mika’

........“You know what I thought was kind of a wow moment, was the guy you brought up on stage,” Brzezinski began by telling Trump.

“We played it several times this morning,” Scarborough put in.

“I watched your show this morning,” Trump responded. “You have me almost as a legendary figure, I like that.”

After that, Brzezinski thanked Trump for agreeing to the interview. “You, you get great ratings and a raise,” he told her. “Me, I get nothing.”

“This will make us all look good,” Trump said, to which Scarborough replied, “Exactly.”

Scarborough and Trump then chatted about their thoughts on his most recent debate performance. “The next morning when I saw the CBS poll, I knew that the people who mattered didn’t think you lost it,” Scarborough said. “I mean, you came in a strong second. And I’ll tell you what was the most revealing thing was [Jeb Bush] came in last, the guy you attacked.”

Brzezinski then tried to ask Scarborough about a question she planned to ask Trump, trying to be discrete but eventually giving away the subject. “Do you not want me to do, the um, the ones with, um, deportation?”

“We really do have to go to some questions,” Scarborough responded.

“That’s right,” Trump agreed, before joking, “Nothing too hard, Mika.”

“Okay,” Brzezinski can be heard telling someone. In the end, there were no questions about immigration or deportations during the town hall. At the same time, Scarborough can be heard discussing potential questions with a producer, and Trump makes a comment indicating he can’t hear what they’re talking about.

TOTALLY Agree. What type of news reporting is this. Why not just give the guy the microphone and let him spew out whatever he wants. Wonder if ALL people get the same treatment there ? 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

2/22/2016 5:18 pm  #7

Another example of news programming not really being news, but solely entertainment for ratings and revenue.

2/23/2016 3:15 pm  #8

Goose wrote:

Joe and Mika really are a disgrace.
The show is a daily commercial for Trump.
No tough questions, no examination of policy ideas.
Joe just sits there and giggles as Trump rants on.

Don't just beat up Joe and Mika. Flipping through the channels last night, Hannity dedicated an hour to Trump in almost the same format as MSNBC.

The presidential race has become a ratings game for the cable networks and their advertisers. 

Board footera