The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/09/2016 3:26 pm  #11

Re: WHY ARE POSTS BEING DELETED AGAIN?

tennyson wrote:

Posts should NEVER be deleted unless offensive to the entire community. 

So, one should poll every member of the exchange on every questionable post?
Aside from the fact that this is completely unfeasible, why then would one even bother to have a moderator?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/09/2016 4:53 pm  #12

Let's all keep this in mind:

This isn't really a board problem. The post deletion issue 99% of the time is between Goose and Common Sense. 

In reality, rather than creating new moderation processes or swapping out moderators, it would be nice if Goose and Common could work out their problems (and to be fair, they have have done so in the past).

To be clear, I don't have a dog in the fight. Goose is a long time trusted member of the community. Common brings a unique perspective to the conversation. Both are fierce debaters and having gotten into spats with both over the years, I know that they can twist a knife (or an AR-15 as the case may be) during an argument

I should also note that I personally have never seen Common post anything that I would put into Darkstar territory or even that other weirdo who's handle I cannot remember.

But, I haven't seen the posts that were deleted so maybe Common was over the line. I honestly don't know.

Anyway, I'm rambling. We have a long year ahead of us and politics will be at the forefront of things as we get closer to November. Let's try and get along.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/09/2016 4:54 pm  #13

Goose wrote:

tennyson wrote:

Aside from the fact that this is completely unfeasible, why then would one even bother to have a moderator?

Since there are so few posters I would not expect that to be a major problem. I hate censorship. And your idea of no moderator is excellent as opposed to the way it appears to be working now. .

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

2/09/2016 4:58 pm  #14

I also should note......

Why are post being deleted again for no reason again? This is censorship at it's worst!

Not for nothing, but I bet I could find some Chinese dissidents who may disagree with you Common. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/09/2016 4:59 pm  #15

tennyson wrote:

Goose wrote:

tennyson wrote:

Since there are so few posters I would not expect that to be a major problem. I hate censorship. And your idea of no moderator is excellent as opposed to the way it appears to be working now. .

Done

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/09/2016 5:20 pm  #16

TheLagerLad wrote:

This isn't really a board problem. The post deletion issue 99% of the time is between Goose and Common Sense. 

In reality, rather than creating new moderation processes or swapping out moderators, it would be nice if Goose and Common could work out their problems (and to be fair, they have have done so in the past).

Roger that.

The problem between the members in question has been exacerbated by one of them blocking PMs from the other.

Moderators and Administrators cannot do anything about that.  It is part of the firmware of the software.  You, the board member, have absolute control over your PM blacklist.

Block whomever you wish, but realize that there may be unintended consequences.

Life is an Orthros.

2/09/2016 5:22 pm  #17

Tarnation wrote:

TheLagerLad wrote:

Roger that.

The problem between the members in question has been exacerbated by one of them blocking PMs from the other.

Moderators and Administrators cannot do anything about that.  It is part of the firmware of the software.  You, the board member, have absolute control over your PM blacklist.

Block whomever you wish, but realize that there may be unintended consequences.

Well said, Tar. 

2/09/2016 5:50 pm  #18

I would be happy to help if anyone would like.

Generally, I find any abuse reports have already been cleared before I've even had a chance to look at them so I might be out of practice.  

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

2/10/2016 8:53 am  #19

tennyson wrote:

My feelings also!

I would ask again that the deleted posts be posted here. For all to see.
And then make a judgement on the deletion.
There was no reason for them to be removed.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

2/10/2016 8:54 am  #20

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

I would be happy to help if anyone would like.

Generally, I find any abuse reports have already been cleared before I've even had a chance to look at them so I might be out of practice.  

Thanks CT

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

Board footera