The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/16/2016 8:09 pm  #1

Maybe Only Lager Would Get This

How about that time management in that KC/New England game!  I've seen it before over and over and over and over and over and over when Andy Reid was the Eagles coach.  The guy seems to be completely oblivious to the number of ticks on the clock near the end of the game!

How does it feel, Kansas City fans?  Us Eagles fans could have warned you.  The guy is a good coach for 57 minutes, but you need to hire someone to watch the clock and smack him in the head when the game is on the line with less than 3 minutes to play to give your team a chance of winning.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

1/16/2016 10:30 pm  #2

Re: Maybe Only Lager Would Get This

Just Fred wrote:

How about that time management in that KC/New England game!  I've seen it before over and over and over and over and over and over when Andy Reid was the Eagles coach.  The guy seems to be completely oblivious to the number of ticks on the clock near the end of the game!

How does it feel, Kansas City fans?  Us Eagles fans could have warned you.  The guy is a good coach for 57 minutes, but you need to hire someone to watch the clock and smack him in the head when the game is on the line with less than 3 minutes to play to give your team a chance of winning.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

How about the first K.C. drive?! K.C. wastes two time outs for in the first quarter to come away with three points.

Classic Andy Reid. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/17/2016 8:06 am  #3

How about the first K.C. drive?! K.C. wastes two time outs for in the first quarter to come away with three points.

Classic Andy Reid.  
-  Lager

You're right.  I got so wrapped up by the bungling at the end of the game, I forgot about that.  I can't believe there isn't some coach tapping him on the shoulder saying, "Hey, Andy!  What the hell are you doing?"  I mean when he looks at the tape of the game, I wonder if it doesn't show him how his decision-making skills when it comes to timeout usage needs some work.

Angelo Cataldi should have fun with this on Monday.

1/17/2016 10:16 am  #4

Andy Reid gives a definitive explanation of his clock management at the end of the game in this article. I highlighted it in bold so you can't miss it.

Chiefs' Reid explains late-game clock management

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Andy Reid offered little explanation for the poor time management that cost the Kansas City Chiefs in the fourth quarter of their 27-20 loss to the New England Patriots in Saturday's divisional round game.

The Chiefs trailed 27-13 and had a first-and-goal at the New England 1-yard line with 2:33 left. They had all of their timeouts remaining. Instead of throwing a pass that would stop the clock if it went incomplete, the Chiefs were stopped for a 1-yard loss on a running play.

Once again, Chiefs coach Andy Reid's game management played a role in a postseason loss.
With the clock moving, the Chiefs huddled and didn't get off another snap before the two-minute warning.

"I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about,'' Reid said when asked about the clock management late in the game.

Then Reid said, "We wanted to get a play off. There was 2:20 on the clock. We wanted to make sure we got our best personnel on the field for that play, and we didn't get that done.''

Tackle Eric Fisher was penalized for a false start coming out of the two-minute warning. The Chiefs eventually scored a touchdown, but it took four snaps and 42 seconds.

By then, they had little choice but to try an onside kick, which the Patriots recovered.

"It's a fine line between getting in the best play versus keep going at the line of scrimmage,'' quarterback Alex Smith said. "Certainly, it would have been nice to get a score before the two-minute warning. It would have helped tremendously with three timeouts [remaining].

"We probably could have just kicked off and gone for the stop and we would have had decent field position.''

Asked about the choice of play calls immediately before the two-minute warning, Smith said, "You're right there at the door step. You're at the 1-yard line. It's a fine line, and you're trying to punch it in. Obviously, if you get stopped the clock is running. Throwing it has the benefit of stopping the clock on an incomplete pass.''

I guess that explains everything.

Last edited by Rongone (1/17/2016 10:17 am)

1/17/2016 10:42 am  #5

Somehow I'm NOT feeling the LOVE ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

1/17/2016 10:46 am  #6

"I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about,'' Reid said when asked about the clock management late in the game.

Well, that says it all doesn't it?  The guy really is clueless.

1/18/2016 8:06 am  #7

Well, I was right.  Angelo Cataldi tore Andy Reid a new one this morning.  Hilarious.

Board footera