The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/05/2016 8:31 am  #1

Just a quick response to........

I could not respond to the original post because the topic was closed.
This was the post:"Would the poster who self identifies as "Common sense" please stop attempting to draw other posters into personal conflicts.
Thanks."Sometimes lost causes are the only ones worth fighting for.

It seems that some posters do not want any different views on the New Exchange? Administrators we have had this discussion before. We know what is going on. My thanks to all the posters who don't mind seeing a view you don't agree with. A one-sided New Exchange is not good. We even had tennison post a few days ago. I hope he starts on a regular basis. Stay warm!   CS

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/05/2016 8:38 am  #2

Re: Just a quick response to........

Common Sense wrote:

This was the post:"Would the poster who self identifies as "Common sense" please stop attempting to draw other posters into personal conflicts.

It seems that some posters do not want any different views on the New Exchange? Administrators we have had this discussion before. We know what is going on. My thanks to all the posters who don't mind seeing a view you don't agree with. A one-sided New Exchange is not good. We even had tennison post a few days ago. I hope he starts on a regular basis. Stay warm!   CS

Totally agree. 

Also, posts should NOT be closed, unless offensive and then at that point should be deleted. 

On the other hand, posters SHOULD expect reaction to controversial topics when people disagree.  

I agree that the Exchange has become a place where there is not a great diversity of views. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

1/05/2016 8:40 am  #3

tennyson wrote:

Common Sense wrote:

Totally agree. 

Also, posts should NOT be closed, unless offensive and then at that point should be deleted. 

On the other hand, posters SHOULD expect reaction to controversial topics when people disagree.  

I agree that the Exchange has become a place where there is not a great diversity of views. 

Please then, work to make it better.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/05/2016 8:43 am  #4

Common Sense wrote:

Now you get what I have to deal with as a moderator who you have blocked from sending PMs.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/05/2016 8:46 am  #5

Agree that diverse points of view are necessary for a viable discussion. What screws this up is when two posters roam from the topical discussion and engage in personal barbs and back and forth personal responses for two pages.

Stop the elementary school bickering and personal attacks and everything will work out all right.

1/05/2016 8:53 am  #6

Rongone wrote:

Agree that diverse points of view are necessary for a viable discussion. What screws this up is when two posters roam from the topical discussion and engage in personal barbs and back and forth personal responses for two pages.

Stop the elementary school bickering and personal attacks and everything will work out all right.

That's what I'm asking the guy to do.

1/05/2016 2:39 pm  #7

Although I'm probably at the opposite end of the political spectrum and perhaps see the world differently, I appreciate the fact that Commonsense is here and contributing.  I wish more people with opposing views like him would join in.  Sometimes we even agree on non-politically charged issues and ideas.

In keeping with the sentiments expressed here, I think a greater use of 'politifact' and 'fact checking' sites would be a good idea, while not being offended if a belief, perception, or opinion is challenged.  Sorry if my scientific training as an undergrad is showing through.

1/05/2016 2:45 pm  #8

All viewpoints are welcome. Obviously. No one ever said they weren't.
I just ask that viewpoints be offered without taunting and personal attacks.

1/05/2016 5:48 pm  #9

It takes two to run a thread into the ground.

I suggest just walking away.

Let it go.

Stop responding.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

Board footera