The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/29/2015 12:27 pm  #1

New Years

aaa

Last edited by Goose (3/05/2016 6:52 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/31/2015 1:06 pm  #2

Re: New Years

That looks tasty.

I just got back from the store. Picked up our traditional New Year's Day pork roast, sauerkraut, and potatoes. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

12/31/2015 2:14 pm  #3

New Year's Day tradition.

New Year's Eve is flexible and dependent on what I want to make. I was torn earlier between making a boatload of Buffalo Wings or a simple pasta and shrimp dish.

I went with the pasta.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

12/31/2015 2:17 pm  #4

Gonna do some braised short ribs tonight with horseradish sauce🙂

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/31/2015 2:26 pm  #5

Goose wrote:

Gonna do some braised short ribs tonight with horseradish sauce🙂

I made prime rib on Xmas Eve and made a Horseradish Sauce which I love

1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sour cream
2/3 cup horseradish
Chopped chives, salt, pepper to taste

Put a metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 1/2 hour
pour cream in bowl and whisk still starts to firm up
fold in sour cream and horseradish
add chives, salt and pepper.

Done.

It's awesome and pretty much great on sandwiches and just about everything else.

12/31/2015 3:33 pm  #6

In the Orthodox Church January 1 is the Feast of the Circumcision of Christ and of Basil the Great, Archbishop of Caesarea.   So we will have Vespers and Divine Liturgy on New Year's Eve followed by a modest feast.

My contribution to the social hour table will be a Reuben Sandwich dip:

8 oz cream cheese
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
1/2 pound crumbled corned beef

Combine all ingredients in crock pot.

Serve with crackers, hard pretzels, or baquette bread.

Life is an Orthros.

12/31/2015 3:59 pm  #7

Tarnation--do you know the origin of that recipe?

12/31/2015 9:03 pm  #8

A couple of years ago a co-worker brought a crock pot of the dip to Mrs. T.'s workplace.   She liked it and did an "allrecipes.com" search and found several variations.

It is really good if you begin with whipped cream cheese and finely shreded Swiss.  Tonight's batch was a "10".

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera