The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/14/2015 7:26 am  #1

Christmas Brews

Any favorite Christmas brews?

I'm having an open house this coming weekend.
For old times sake I'm offering Yuengling Lager to my guests.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/14/2015 7:42 am  #2

Re: Christmas Brews

I'd go with Yuengling Porter instead of Lager, but that's just my seasonal dark brew preference.

Sam Adams Holiday Porter
Sam Adams Old Fezziwig
Troegs Mad Elf

And even though it is not a Christmas brew per se, the wonderful gentle mixture of chocolate and vanilla in Wyndridge Barn Dog makes it a wonderful desert beverage.

Life is an Orthros.

12/14/2015 10:40 am  #3

Troegs Blizzard of Hops is one of my favorite winter seasonals. New Belgium Accumulation Winter White IPA is another good one. I'm not a big fan of the overly spiced styles of holiday beer.

They won't pass the beer-snob test, but if you have guests who aren't into stronger or more unique brews, Leinenkugel's Cranberry Ginger Shandy and Snowdrift Vanilla Porter are suitable for that purpose.

12/14/2015 11:07 am  #4

http://robsbeercans.com/images/FR508.JPG

Olde Frothingslosh. The pale stale ale with the foam on the bottom. Brewed from the hippity-hops found on the banks of the Upper Crudney in Lower Slobbovia. The only beer you can find in the dark.

12/14/2015 6:02 pm  #5

Well, you could offer up some Yuengling, Goose, but I'm guessing there some good microbrews made near you that would be a hit with your guests.  Personally, I'm not a member of the Yuengling fan club.

12/18/2015 8:17 am  #6

1) Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale
2) Shiner Holiday Cheer
3) Troeg's Mad Elf (Although be warned, it's an 11%'er so have a fleet of cabs ready for your guests.)
4) Rogue Ale's Santa's Private Reserve
5) Great Lakes Brewing Christmas Beer

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

12/20/2015 6:17 pm  #7

This afternoon I had my first Troeg's Mad Elf at a local watering hole...the 11% packs a wallop with a bundle of flavors coming along for the ride.   That establishment will only allow two bottles per customer to avoid running afoul of serving a VIP, and I can certainly understand why.

HIGHLY recommended!

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera