The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/09/2015 10:11 am  #11

Re: Posting-Trigger Warning

Tarnation wrote:

Yes, it is great to welcome back yet another alumnus of the "old" Exchange.

And one other quick thought:  Remember about 6 - 8 weeks ago when a couple of regulars were ready to write the epitaph for The New Exchanges because we would sometime have only one new comment in 24 hours?

Today there were 9 pages of new comments from 7 AM through 5 PM....pretty much a record.   All clean.  Mostly civil.

Let's keep it this way especially as we ramp up to the festival that many keep heralding "peace on earth, goodwill among men".

Hello Tarnation,
Thank you for the welcome back greetings. Good to see the Exchange activity increase. 
I hope that some of the other posters will return and try it out for a while.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

12/10/2015 11:29 am  #12

Welcome back Common.

Sorry this took so long, I'm in my 'safe place'.  

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

12/11/2015 3:21 pm  #13

Hope things are well CT.
Haven't seen much of you here.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/11/2015 3:22 pm  #14

I think it's a great idea to have at least one opposing viewpoint.  I honestly don't believe you need to post a warning.  It's what's on your mind and as long as you're not being abusive say what you think.

The world would be a much better place if everyone agreed with each other but that's not how things are.  An assessment of stagnation is accurate.

Be yourself.  

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

12/12/2015 4:54 pm  #15

Looks like CS's concept of a "conversation" is that I offer an opinion, and he gets to make hateful comments about me.

Discuss the ideas. Attack the argument, not the man.

BTW, I would have stated this in a private message, so as to not embarrass the man, but CS has blocked PMs from me.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/14/2015 8:08 am  #16

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Welcome back Common.

Sorry this took so long, I'm in my 'safe place'.  

Thank You CT! No problem. A safe place is a good place to be!
I extend this to you as a passage to maybe make you feel a bit better.

I have enjoyed this for years.
Sorry it took me so long to respond to you!

‘May the Lord bless you
    and protect you.
 May the Lord smile on you
    and be gracious to you.
 May the Lord show you his favor
    and give you his peace.’

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

12/14/2015 8:13 am  #17

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

I think it's a great idea to have at least one opposing viewpoint.  I honestly don't believe you need to post a warning.  It's what's on your mind and as long as you're not being abusive say what you think.

The world would be a much better place if everyone agreed with each other but that's not how things are.  An assessment of stagnation is accurate.

Be yourself.  

"but CS has blocked PMs from me."

Thank you CS, you are in good company because I have him blocked also!

Censorship with a capital "C".

12/14/2015 8:25 am  #18

You realize CommonSense that YOU are CS, so you are in company with yourself 🙂

Anyway PM me and we can discuss your behavior.
Thanks

12/14/2015 8:31 am  #19

Goose wrote:

You realize CommonSense that YOU are CS, so you are in company with yourself 🙂

Anyway PM me and we can discuss your behavior.
Thanks

oops a miss-read by me! Thought it was CT?  Well you got a good laugh from my mistake anyway!
And no I have no desire to PM with you. So no Thank you for your generous offer.

12/14/2015 8:36 am  #20

My door is always open

Board footera