The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/27/2016 1:08 pm  #1

Fish Tacos Makes 4 servings

I have not tried this but it looked pretty simple. It came in a health and fitness publication from
Highmark/Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Fish Tacos Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
[list=a]
[*]Cooking spray
[*]2 slices white onion
[*]4 mini sweet bell peppers
[*]4 (5 oz) fish fillets (cod, halibut, or grouper)
[*]Ground pepper
[*]8 corn tortillas
[*]1-2 jalapeno peppers, sliced (optional)
[*]8 lime wedges (optional)
[*]Cilantro, chopped (optional)

[/list]
Directions
[list=1]
[*]Lightly coat a grill with cooking spray. Grill the onion and peppers for about 12 minutes.
[*]Remove and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice or chop.
[*]In a nonstick skillet, sauté the fish over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side until the fish flakes with a fork. Season with ground pepper to taste.
[*]Warm the tortillas according to package instructions.
[*]Distribute the fish and onion-pepper mixture evenly among the tortillas. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro.

[/list]
Nutritional Information2 tacos: 350 calories, 6 grams fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 125 mg sodium, 6 grams fiber, 42 grams protein

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

6/02/2016 12:06 am  #2

Re: Fish Tacos Makes 4 servings

BCBS should do more research before approving their recipes... cooking sprays are full of chemicals... you can use a mister to spray olive oil instead... even a knob of butter is better than cooking sprays!

6/02/2016 10:37 am  #3

I love fish tacos. 

Never thought I would till I tasted one that my daughter was eating at a restaurant.

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

6/02/2016 1:00 pm  #4

I love fish tacos. I think they are best with Mahi-Mahi.

A couple of things I do different than the recipe

No onion and peppers. Instead, some red cabbage with a bit of oil, salt, and pepper.

And I like to make a sauce of Sour Cream, lots of Lime Juice, and Cilantro.

And flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas, which I personally don't like.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

6/02/2016 3:56 pm  #5

Sounds interesting but tonight I'm sticking with venison tacos topped with Chesapeake fresh salsa, a Mexican cheese blend, and lettuce in a wheat flour soft tortilla.

Life is an Orthros.

6/04/2016 3:42 pm  #6

'splain Chesapeake salsa please??

6/04/2016 3:44 pm  #7

Tropicalfox wrote:

'splain Chesapeake salsa please??

Think Old Bay maybe???

6/04/2016 5:40 pm  #8

Fresh  Cuts  Chesapeak salsa is seasoned with Old Bay (which is mostly celery salt); a bit  lighter on chopped onions and much lighter on celantro than their regular salsa.  

Life is an Orthros.

6/05/2016 4:30 pm  #9

thanks! sounds good!

Board footera