The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/17/2017 12:37 pm  #11

Re: Who is Tired of Winning?

Back to the point.
Looks like team trump is going to end year one with a pretty meager list of accomplishments.

Well, maybe someone could offer a list legislative achievements and agenda goals congress has passed and the President has signed into law.

10/17/2017 1:17 pm  #12

Well, here is a list, by Trump himself, of what he was going to accomplish in just the first 100 Days:

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days

And here is an analysis of how Trump has done in keeping the promises he made in his campaign and in office up to October 11, 2017:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-promise-tracker/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.45017f0c49bf

You can be your own judge of how well Trump has performed as president based on what he, himself, has said, and what he has actually accomplished.

10/17/2017 2:23 pm  #13

Rongone wrote:

Well, here is a list, by Trump himself, of what he was going to accomplish in just the first 100 Days:

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days

And here is an analysis of how Trump has done in keeping the promises he made in his campaign and in office up to October 11, 2017:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-promise-tracker/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.45017f0c49bf

You can be your own judge of how well Trump has performed as president based on what he, himself, has said, and what he has actually accomplished.

Pretty thin.
Of course, you have to throw in "Fretting about what athletes do during the national anthem" on that list.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/17/2017 3:36 pm  #14

tennyson wrote:

Common Sense wrote:

Just Fred wrote:

I know I'm speaking for just me and Commonsense, but we are tired of 'winning'.  How 'bout you guys?

Having a hard time Fred? Many are... maybe a trip to your local college. I hear they have safe space rooms.
Sooth your irritated nerves.
Hope things are going better today! 

Do Conservatives not want people to be educated ?  It kind of seems that way with the comments that keep coming out about colleges. 

Personally I want my America well educated. 

And what is this obsession with the term 'safe space'? Only one person here dwells on that.

Does he not understand that Fox and legal insurrection are safe spaces for conservatives?

Last edited by Goose (10/17/2017 3:37 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/17/2017 6:02 pm  #15

What the hell is a 'safe space'?  I still don't get it.  If it has something do with avoiding or someone challenging your opinion or position on something, then count me out.

10/18/2017 4:28 am  #16

From Wikipedia:

In educational institutions, safe space, safer space, and positive space are terms that, as originally intended, were used to indicate that a teacher, educational institution, or student body did not tolerate anti-LGBT violence, harassment or hate speech, thereby creating a safe place for all LGBT students. The term safe space has been extended to refer to an autonomous space for individuals who feel marginalized to come together to communicate regarding their experiences with marginalization, typically on a university campus. The idea of safe spaces has seen criticism on the grounds that it stifles freedom of speech. Critics also claim safe spaces hinder the exposure of sensitive material that needs to be discussed and explained in an educational environment.

The term has been hijacked. For non-college educated conservatives It's an all-purpose term of disparagement for the educated, used by those with some axe to grind.

I have worked around education all my life. I can tell you that the only time that I see the term "Safe space" used on the internet is when a conservative is taunting or trolling others. The term has become an epithet.

The idea is that liberals, whom they disparage as "Snowflakes" (These folks sure do like labels) are the real enemies of free speech. The liberals, we are told, are so easily offended that they cannot tolerate seeing ideas that they disagree with. They Freak out, or melt down, and have to run to a safe space.

Yea, you read that right.
And, oh, the irony,,,,,,,,

People who get all of their news from Fox & Legalinsurrection; people who freak out if a high school teacher assigns a reading from the Koran; people who would never ever read the NYT; people who squeal Fake News and cover their ears if a story is critical of Trump,,,,,,,,,,, believe that others are too dainty to look at ideas outside their own ideology. 

Last edited by Goose (10/18/2017 5:09 am)

Board footera