The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2017 12:46 pm  #1

This is Funny

It seems that North Korea has announced that they won't shoot a missile at Guam after all.
Fox is breathlessly reporting that North Korea is backing down thanks to Trump's "tough talk".

Of course, those of us who possess a memory longer than that of the average goldfish will recall that NK made the Guam threat in the first place in response to Trump's "Fire and Fury" threat.

Trump's tough talk prompted North Korea to stand down, experts say

Leader Kim Jong Un was quoted as saying in state media he will “watch a little more the foolish and stupid conduct of the Yankees” before deciding whether to send missiles against U.S. Pacific island territory of Guam.

Some foreign policy experts say the tough talk from President Trump in the past week resulted in this, at least temporary, win.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08/15/trumps-tough-talk-prompted-north-korea-to-stand-down-experts-say.html?

Last edited by Goose (8/15/2017 12:48 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/15/2017 1:44 pm  #2

Re: This is Funny

This is WHY you don't trust cable news (I am including both the LEFT and RIGHT versions) --- specifically the late night versions. They are BOTH skewed and offer twisted narratives. 

I find that to a degree that the afternoon cable news shows are not quite so bad. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

8/15/2017 3:54 pm  #3

Re: This is Funny

Boy, I don't know about you guys, but I for one, am getting real tired of winning.

Board footera