The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/17/2017 5:06 pm  #1

20/20: Watergate — Truth & Lies

Did anyone else see the special ?  We were on a family vacation so I missed hearing some of the things, but it was a reminder of years past and what happened. I also learned a few things I did not know as well. 

The eerie thing is how SOME of the things parallel the predicament the current Administration finds itself in and some of the parallels (at least in my mind) to personalities and thinking. Two different POTUS's with similar personalities and fears as relates to people around them as well as fear of the media. Really eerie. 

It also casts a shadow over what we think of the Presidency and its power. I wonder IF the framers understood some of the things that they have entrusted in this high office?  Obviously when they get caught in coverups and obstructions the results can be disastrous for their own Presidency and legacy. 

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/20-20-watergate-truth-lies-review-major-players-speak-on-a-sober-45th-anniversary-1.13739402

Last edited by tennyson (6/17/2017 5:08 pm)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

6/18/2017 9:16 am  #2

Re: 20/20: Watergate — Truth & Lies

I didn't see it, but I'm guessing there were a few differences, too.  I think there used be a greater respect for investigative reporting.  Secondly, I don't recall such a level of tribal divide back then.

As far as the founders of this nation, wasn't there also a push by some members to install Washington as a king? 

Board footera