The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



3/17/2017 2:41 pm  #1


NY attorney reportedly probed Price investments before his firing

NY attorney reportedly probed Price investments before his firing
BY NIKITA VLADIMIROV - 03/17/17 03:12 PM EDT  34

Preet Bharara, the former U.S. attorney fired by the Justice Department last week, was investigating Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price at the time of his dismissal, Pro Publica reported Friday.

The former New York attorney's probe concerned the legitimacy of Price’s investments in biotech companies.


During his confirmation hearing in January, Price admitted that he had traded stock in health-related companies while co-sponsoring healthcare legislation in Congress.

Democrats accused Price of using his congressional office to benefit himself, though the former lawmaker insisted that the trades were proper and legal.

The Trump administration last week requested the resignations of 46 U.S. attorneys appointed under former President Obama.

Bharara, who served as the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, refused to resign, prompting the White House to terminate his position.

"I did not resign. Moments ago I was fired. Being the US Attorney in SDNY will forever be the greatest honor of my professional life," Bharara tweeted.


“While the framers of the Constitution foresaw the possibility of a tyrannical president, they never let their imaginations be darkened by the possibility of a compliant Congress.”
 

3/17/2017 4:01 pm  #2


Re: NY attorney reportedly probed Price investments before his firing

Preet Bharara, the former U.S. attorney fired by the Justice Department last week, was investigating Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price at the time of his dismissal.

Well, that explains alot.
 

 

3/17/2017 6:14 pm  #3


Re: NY attorney reportedly probed Price investments before his firing

Oh, I am sure THAT investigation will be squashed ! 


"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"
 
 

3/19/2017 8:29 am  #4


Re: NY attorney reportedly probed Price investments before his firing

There should be many DOJ attorneys and FBI agents involved in the "investigation" It's not like the US attorney was doing this himself. I would thing that the career folks would follow through with what they were looking at. Right now there is nothing that says anything different.


When angry, count ten before you speak, if very angry, an hundred.
 Thomas Jefferson

 
 

3/19/2017 8:40 am  #5


Re: NY attorney reportedly probed Price investments before his firing

Common Sense wrote:

There should be many DOJ attorneys and FBI agents involved in the "investigation" It's not like the US attorney was doing this himself. I would thing that the career folks would follow through with what they were looking at. Right now there is nothing that says anything different.

You really believe that the next guy in that office, who will be a Trump appointee will continues into an investigation of another Trump appointee?
I've got a bridge to sell you.


“While the framers of the Constitution foresaw the possibility of a tyrannical president, they never let their imaginations be darkened by the possibility of a compliant Congress.”
     Thread Starter
 

3/19/2017 8:49 am  #6


Re: NY attorney reportedly probed Price investments before his firing

Goose wrote:

Common Sense wrote:

There should be many DOJ attorneys and FBI agents involved in the "investigation" It's not like the US attorney was doing this himself. I would thing that the career folks would follow through with what they were looking at. Right now there is nothing that says anything different.

You really believe that the next guy in that office, who will be a Trump appointee will continues into an investigation of another Trump appointee?
I've got a bridge to sell you.

Hmmm. Guess I would have to speak to President Clinton about speaking to AG Lynch? 


When angry, count ten before you speak, if very angry, an hundred.
 Thomas Jefferson

 
 

3/19/2017 8:52 am  #7


Re: NY attorney reportedly probed Price investments before his firing

Common Sense wrote:

Goose wrote:

Common Sense wrote:

There should be many DOJ attorneys and FBI agents involved in the "investigation" It's not like the US attorney was doing this himself. I would thing that the career folks would follow through with what they were looking at. Right now there is nothing that says anything different.

You really believe that the next guy in that office, who will be a Trump appointee will continues into an investigation of another Trump appointee?
I've got a bridge to sell you.

Hmmm. Guess I would have to speak to President Clinton about speaking to AG Lynch? 

Once again, failing to defend Mr Trump, you try to change the subject.
Tiresome.

So, your argument is, not that this is right, but that Trump is no better than bill Clinton, a man whom you despise?
That about it?
Interesting how selective your outrage can be. 
 

Last edited by Goose (3/19/2017 9:58 am)


“While the framers of the Constitution foresaw the possibility of a tyrannical president, they never let their imaginations be darkened by the possibility of a compliant Congress.”
     Thread Starter
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum