The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/31/2015 9:43 pm  #1

A Summer Beer Sampler

Tasted all of these tonight...favorites marked with stars *

Free Will Kolsch
Summit Summer Ale
Flying Fish Farmhouse Ale
Victory Summer Ale *
Winestephanie Hefeweisen
Luagenita's Little Sumpin Sumpin *
Sierra Nevada Summerfest
Tired Hands Tremler Pilsner **
Lauganitas New Dogtown
Deschutes Mirror Pon Pale Ales
Sixpoint Abigale *
Delerium Tremens
Deschutes Fresh Squeezed *
Lauganitas Daytime Ale
Ballast Point Big Eye
Tired Hands Avoiding Purgatory ***
Dogfish Burton Baton **
Lauganita Sucks
Stone Ruinatin 2.0 *
Not Your Father's Root Beer ***

Life is an Orthros.

8/01/2015 10:05 am  #2

Re: A Summer Beer Sampler

How does Langunita Sucks not rate at least one star?! Love that beer 

That's a primo list Tar.

Everyone has been raving about Not Your Father's Rootbeer. Haven't had it yet. Need to fix that.

Nice to see Free Will Brewing made your list. They are about 40 minutes from my house. They must be growing at a nice clip to have made it out to central PA already. Their Mango Wheat is great and I'm waiting for a new beer they have coming out, Kim-Jong Ale, which is a Double Red IPA, which for me would be a whole new style.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

8/01/2015 10:51 am  #3

The tasting party progressed in the order on the list, moving from pales through wheats, then on to IPAs and wrapping up with double IPAs.

So in the double IPA category the tasting sequence was:

Dogfish Burton Baton **
Lauganita Sucks
Stone Ruinatin 2.0 *

Probably because Lauganita came after the Dogfish?

As for the root beer:  Incredible.  Mrs. T does not care for beer unless it is really fruity, no hops taste...and she loved the root beer.   That's quite the endorsement.

Life is an Orthros.

8/03/2015 6:14 am  #4

What beer gets the nod for washing down a bunch of blue crabs?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/13/2015 7:54 pm  #5

Goose wrote:

Here ya go 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

8/13/2015 7:59 pm  #6

As for the root beer:  Incredible.  Mrs. T does not care for beer unless it is really fruity, no hops taste...and she loved the root beer.   That's quite the endorsement.

Finally had one and I now understand the hype. It tastes so much like regular root beer that it's kind of scary. I don't think anyone who would drink it would know that they are drinking an alcoholic beverage.

Another thing I learned is that there are two types of 'Not Your Father's Root Beer'. There's the 5.9% which I had and a 10.6% which is I'm assuming has more of a alcoholic beverage characteristic profile.

Last edited by TheLagerLad (8/13/2015 7:59 pm)

8/13/2015 8:06 pm  #7

TheLagerLad wrote:

Goose wrote:

Here ya go 

Also just a quick note about the Flying Dog Old Bay Ale I linked to which may only be of interest to me but I thought I would share.

All of the Flying Dog beer labels are disigned by Ralph Steadman, who was most notable for illustrating Hunter S. Thompson novels.

8/15/2015 7:22 pm  #8

did you get home ok???

Tarnation wrote:

Tasted all of these tonight...favorites marked with stars *

Free Will Kolsch
Summit Summer Ale
Flying Fish Farmhouse Ale
Victory Summer Ale *
Winestephanie Hefeweisen
Luagenita's Little Sumpin Sumpin *
Sierra Nevada Summerfest
Tired Hands Tremler Pilsner **
Lauganitas New Dogtown
Deschutes Mirror Pon Pale Ales
Sixpoint Abigale *
Delerium Tremens
Deschutes Fresh Squeezed *
Lauganitas Daytime Ale
Ballast Point Big Eye
Tired Hands Avoiding Purgatory ***
Dogfish Burton Baton **
Lauganita Sucks
Stone Ruinatin 2.0 *
Not Your Father's Root Beer ***

8/16/2015 7:43 pm  #9

Really want to try the root beer, I keep hearing people rave about it (and I'm a big root beer fan to begin with).

If you liked the Fresh Squeezed, I recommend trying Otter Creek Fresh Slice White IPA, it's one of my favorites.

I also like Founders All-Day IPA in cans for summertime drinking.

8/16/2015 8:39 pm  #10

TF,

Most certainly home safe and sober, at least under 0.08

In a beer tasting you only take about 1-2 oz of each brew, with copious carbs and other foods in between.

So over 2 - 3 hours looking at 20 - 40 oz max.   The "rule" for sobriety (or at least being well within the legal limit) is one drink (defined as 12 oz beer, 6 oz wine, or 1 mixed drink or shot) per hour.

Last edited by Tarnation (8/16/2015 8:41 pm)

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera